Country Day School Of Arlington
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (817) 275-0851
Country Day School Of Arlington Photo #2 - Country Day School of Arlington 1105 W. Randol Mill Road Arlington, TX 76012 817-275-0851 www.cdsa.org
Country Day School Of Arlington Photo #3 - Come join the fun with our Summer Program! Enrich your child's summer by providing him or her with a stimulating, safe, good ol' summertime experience at CDSA. Registration forms are available at www.cdsa.org. For children 12 mos thru 1st grade. Full & part-time schedule options are available.
Country Day School Of Arlington Photo #9 - Primary Students - Summer Program 2013 Field Trip to the Grapevine Vintage Railroad
- Montessori Program/Curriculum The preschool classrooms at Country Day School are based on the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952).
- Dr. Montessori recognized that all people pass through successive stages of development.
- The learning environment must, therefore, respond to the changing needs of the child from infancy to maturity.
- The Montessori classrooms at Country Day School of Arlington look to help instill a love of learning in children ranging from ages 4 months to 6 years.
- Each child is guided in a self-directed learning environment. If a child is interested in language, then the Montessori teacher will help guide him or her toward the language area.
- Montessori children are guided to embrace their independence, develop respect for self and others, gain control and coordination over their bodies, harness their concentration skills, and develop and/or refine an internal sense of order.
- Children that emerge from the Montessori classrooms should not only be prepared for grade school but will have built a foundation for future growth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Part time schedules and options are available. Sibling discount available.|
|Admissions Director||Joyce Hunt|
|Admissions Associate||Thriveni Sariam|
- Mission Our mission is to educate the whole child; thus we endeavor to nurture every heart and challenge every mind through the experience of meaningful inquiry. Diversity One of the strengths of the school is in the diversity of the families that make up our community. CDSA families represent a wide range of cultures, beliefs, races, and ethnicities. This diversity is celebrated through regular observance of our multicultural calendar. Governance CDSA is a nonprofit institution governed by an independent Board of Trustees. The Headmaster is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations, including admissions, hiring and evaluation of staff, curriculum, and financial administration.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colleyville Grades: NS-6 | 203 students
1513 Hall Johnson Rd
Colleyville, TX 76034
(817) 354-6670 9.9 NS-6
CDSA is an amazing institution! I know when I drop my son off in the morning that he will be engaged in learning and loved by his teachers. Even in the infant room, they are playing with, and stimulating the children, and they are completing work. As they move on to the toddler room, they assist in potty training and the teachers truly act as an extension of the family. It is often said that it takes a village to raise a child. Country Day is definitely part of that tribe!
- Posted by Parent - Caitlyn
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.