Country Day School Of Baton Rouge
5.00 (1 review)
- Country Day School is a private, non-denominational school committed to providing quality education geared to the needs and abilities of each child.
- We are concerned with the academic education of each child as well as with the child's self-concept, interests, talents, experiences and feelings.
- The school strives to provide a feeling of warmth and caring.
- In such an atmosphere with dedicated and professional instructors, careful curriculum planning and organization, a child should be able to learn enjoyably and successfully.
- Our philosophy is that each child is unique and has their own experiences, abilities, talents and feelings.
- A school must preserve this uniqueness. Our task is to educate, not merely to help a child acquire fact but to help a child learn to think, to draw conclusions, to express thoughts.
- Our school exists for the welfare of the children with whom we are privileged to work. We hold within our walls the future. Care is essential.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: NS-K | 45 students
7518 Highland Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)767-6620 5 NS-K
- Baton Rouge Grades: NS-12 | 980 students
3200 Woodland Ridge Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225)753-3180 6.6 NS-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 580 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)926-4885 2.5 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 106 students
1771 N Lobdell Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)932-2357 1.9 PK-12
We currently have our 16 month old daughter enrolled at Country Day at North Blvd, and we are so glad to have her there. She truly enjoys her teachers and the other kids, and we fee like it is a safe and caring environment where she is learning early life skills. We would definitely recommend CDS.
- Posted by Parent - hk
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.