Covenant Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (757) 378-2189
Covenant Christian School is the only discipleship model, K-12 school in Williamsburg.
The educational method used at Covenant Christian School is based upon the ideas of English author, philosopher and educator Charlotte Mason.
The mission of Covenant Christian School is to glorify God by creating a Christ-centered learning community of Covenant families in which education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christine Schulker|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Haupt|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Cross Fit, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Volleyball, Water PoloBallet, Cross Fit,|
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Odyssey of the Mind Team, Praise Band, Robotics Team, Student Council, Technology Club, Yearbook Club
- Thank you for your interest in Covenant Christian School. We understand that selecting the right school for your child is an extremely important decision. Classes are organized according to forms consisting of two grade levels. Instruction is based on a 2-year rotating curriculum. Forms are limited to a maximum capacity of 12 students. We are delighted that you are considering our learning community.Just a few of the distinctives that make Covenant unique to Williamsburg and beyond include:
- * The only discipleship-model K-12 Christian school in Williamsburg
- * Living books over dry textbooks
- * Short, developmentally appropriate lessons
- * Nature study and nature journaling
- * Book of Centuries/classroom timelines
- * Extensive fine arts program, including Shakespeare, Composer, and Artist studies with Tea Time!
- * Enrichment Days
- * Service Days
- * Gardening and the great outdoors
- *After School activities through our PLUS Program
- Please feel free to contact the school for a personalized education consultation with our Head of School, Mrs. Christine Schulker. We look forward to meeting you and talking about the rich learning environment at Covenant Christian School a place where education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.
People that viewed Covenant Christian School also viewed these schools: Williamsburg Christian Academy.
I can not say enough wonderful things about Covenant Christian School! The teachers are kind, warm, and inviting. The academics are rigorous without being unduly burdensome for the children. The school day is unhurried and children learn at the pace that is right for them. The small class sizes allow for individual attention for the student that excels and for the student that needs extra help. The children are encouraged, loved, and cared for, all while they learn and grow as individuals. We are thrilled to be a part of the Covenant Christian School family.
- Posted by Parent - Reid
Our daughter has attended CCS since it's inception three years ago. She loves the small class size and the warm loving teachers. We love the homey, family feel of the school and the "nontraditional classrooms."
- Posted by Parent - A. & T. Haufler
CCS is an amazing school. This is our daughter's second year at CCS and she truly loves her school. Learning is meaningful and the students feel there is a purpose in the things that they are taught. The atmosphere is relaxed and feels like home. Because of the small class sizes, the teachers can give a lot of one-to-one attention to the students. There are so many wonderful things about CCS. Our daughter is receiving a fantastic education that will be invaluable for her future.
- Posted by Parent - CCSMom
The Charlotte Mason methodology is what drew us to the school! I'm a parent of a child who finished Kindergarten this year and she absolutely LOVED coming to school! They truly provide a Christian atmosphere in all areas you can imagine.
- Posted by Teacher - Mab3lmb
Covenant Christian School has been a huge blessing for our family and our son! The teachers take the time to interact and care about each and every student.
- Posted by Parent - Dani
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.