Creative Minds Montessori School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-7
- Students: 35 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
$125 per week After care available at $5 per hr.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Diane M. Bauso
- Creative Minds Montessori School is a nonprofit corporation for the purpose of offering Montessori education for children with an emphasis on meeting the individual and communal developmental needs of each child.Creative Minds Montessori School uses educational methods formulated by Maria Montessori in the early 1900s. It is a child-centered approach that accepts the special characteristics of the developing child and emphasizes the child`s potential to learn through experience.The learning activities in Montessori programs are child-initiated and appropriate for the child`s level. Materials are selected to isolate specific learning tasks. They are self-teaching and self-correcting. Teachers encourage discovery and understanding through manipulation of materials. Mutual respect for the child and of children for each other are important aspects of the Montessori philosophy. The Montessori philosophy expects the child to become a good worker and encourages this through independent activity.On a regular basis Creative Minds Montessori School will review the Common Core Standards through the New York State Education Department to insure that our curriculum meets or exceeds those expectations.Creative Minds Montessori School does not discriminate in admissions or placement based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, or handicap. Acceptance is based on space availability, a family`s commitment to Montessori education for their child, and the child`s likely long-term attendance at Creative Minds Montessori School. All rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school are made available to all students of the school.
Profile last updated: 08/08/2021
Endorse Creative Minds Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?