- CS Academy serves 90 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 and is a member of the Other school association(s).
- The student:teacher of CS Academy is 8:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Christian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for tuition questions.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, Dance, Drill TeamCheering, Dance,|
- CS Academy College Prep is a private, Non-for-Profit school that is student structured and student oriented. Our goals and objectives are: to provide one-on-one structural learning in reading, mathematics, science, and writing for students in grades 8-12; who are two to three-grade levels below in two or more core subjects. The geographic and population of students served are students from low-income homes who are struggling to reach their grade level, but cannot afford to pay for night-school or any other program and/or services geared towards assisting students in getting back on track to their respective grade level. We also serve students in grades K-7th, who are at least one grade or developmental level(s) behind; however, there is very, very limited space available.
- Our objective is to enhance students educational performance in school through the support of one-to-one structural teaching and tutoring before and/or after school. Our educators' lesson plans includes the Illinois Learning Standards (ILS) strategies through guided reading, mathematics problem solving, science inquiry and experiments, and creative writing. Our reading overall focus is on the six dimensions of reading: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, and motivation. Through the use of abstract and logical reasoning, students will be able to problem solve and draw reasonable conclusions. Moreover, in writing, our areas of content overall focus is on, organization, vocabulary, language, mechanics, and editing which are critical in assisting students to produce quality representation of their writing
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 254 students
6020 S Laflin St
Chicago, IL 60636
(773)776-3316 0.4 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-10 | 14 students
710 W 61st Place
Chicago, IL 60621
(773)994-4390 0.6 PK-10
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 126 students
900 W Garfield Blvd
Chicago, IL 60609
(773)373-5200 0.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-K | 106 students
1120 W 69th St
Chicago, IL 60621
(773)488-2222 1.1 PK-K
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 151 students
6547 S Stewart Ave
Chicago, IL 60621
(773)994-6100 1.2 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.