Curtis Blake Day School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-9
- Enrollment: 23 students
- Yearly Tuition: $42,562
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Our curriculum integrates multiple strategies that have proven highly successful!
- Our decoding strategy incorporates a unique combination of the Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program (LiPS) and Benchmark Word Identification approaches, while symbol imagery instruction enhances rapid reading, spelling, and self-correction.
- Comprehension Strategies Instruction (CSI) class targets strategies proven to be effective in fostering comprehension. Vocabulary instruction focuses on words that provide the greatest impact on expanding word knowledge. Emphasis is placed on listening, speaking, reading and writing new vocabulary in authentic contexts.
- The Story Grammar Marker and ThemeMaker & Research Writer tools facilitate language development at the discourse level. Both narrative and expository discourse are targeted. These tools are used extensively throughout the content areas of language and literature, science and social studies.
Licensed reading and special education teachers provide one-on-one instruction to develop close and attentive reading utilizing high-quality children`s literature and informational text. The reading session skill building includes:
- Sentence Structure
In addition, students receive instruction in science and social studies as outlined in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks Common Core State Standards. In addition to the core curriculum, Social Thinking instruction facilitates students` understanding of the unwritten social expectancies necessary for class and peer interactions. This curriculum is designed to facilitate thinking strategies that must occur prior to social interactions. We also employ a part time School Adjustment Counselor to address the multiple issues faced by our diverse population of students as needed. All students receive art, music and physical education instruction.
Referrals to the Curtis Blake Day School are accepted from the student `s Director of Special Education or, in the case of private payment, the student`s parent/ guardian. Parents, guardians, students, and advocates are encouraged to speak to our staff and to observe our program in action. We are proud of our curriculum and the compassionate and dedicated professionals who implement it.
Endorse Curtis Blake Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards