Pioneer Valley Montessori School
Tel: (413) 782-3108
- Pioneer Valley Montessori School is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society, the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
- We offer programs for children from 18 months old through 6th grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary - $12,250 (1-6th grade) Preschool - 5 full days $9,950 Preschool - 3 full days $7,300 Preschool- 3 half days $5,200 Toddler (18 mos.- 2.9 years) Please see website for the different options. (see website for details)|
|Admissions Director||Erin Rand|
|Admissions Associate||Charmaine Fowler|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Computer Class, Sewing Club|
We have been inspiring confident, motivated learners to reach their fullest potential since 1964. We are an independent, nonprofit, private day school offering the Montessori curriculum for children ages 18 months sixth grade.
- Montessori curriculum for pre-school age that includes: phonics, writing, reading, mathematics, geometry, nature, classification, geography, and cultural studies.
- Montessori curriculum for Elementary includes: Math, Language (reading, writing, grammar, spelling, research skills, handwriting, public speaking) Science (zoology, botany, weather, earth science, ecology) History, STEAM and practical life skills.
- Individual attention
- Physical Eduction
- Summer Program (for ages 5 and under)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: K | 1 students
594 Cottage St
Springfield, MA 01104
(413) 737-6617 3.1 K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?