Pioneer Valley Montessori School
Pioneer Valley Montessori School is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society, the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
We offer programs for children from 18 months old through 6th grade.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 105 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
Feb. 1 / rolling
Elementary - $12,250 (1-6th grade) Preschool - 5 full days $9,950 Preschool - 3 full days $7,300 Preschool- 3 half days $5,200 Toddler (18 mos.- 2.9 years) Please see website for the different options. (see website for details)
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Chess Club, Computer Class, Sewing Club
We have been inspiring confident, motivated learners to reach their fullest potential since 1964. We are an independent, nonprofit, private day school offering the Montessori curriculum for children ages 18 months sixth grade.
- Montessori curriculum for pre-school age that includes: phonics, writing, reading, mathematics, geometry, nature, classification, geography, and cultural studies.
- Montessori curriculum for Elementary includes: Math, Language (reading, writing, grammar, spelling, research skills, handwriting, public speaking) Science (zoology, botany, weather, earth science, ecology) History, STEAM and practical life skills.
- Individual attention
- Physical Eduction
- Summer Program (for ages 5 and under)
Endorse Pioneer Valley Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.