Pioneer Valley Christian Academy
- The mission of Pioneer Valley Christian School is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the inerrant and authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind.
- The school provides primarily a liberal arts curriculum, incorporating Christian standards of discipline and instruction with a continuous emphasis on Christian morals and ethics.
- The school strives for excellence by teaching a curriculum based on a Christ-centered view of life, providing qualified Christian faculty, and fostering obedience to God as the Sovereign Creator and source of all truth and knowledge.
- The school desires that students learn the relevancy of Christianity to our culture.
- It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, physically and socially mature and are prepared to invest their lives impacting society for the glory of God.
- The school, in partnership with its families, serves students in preschool through grade twelve residing predominantly in the Pioneer Valley and northern Connecticut.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based or mild learning differences, intense program designed to stimulate students’ deficit areas in perception and cognition|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Art History, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PVCA's tuition is based on operating costs, and each "school" within the Academy has a different tuition rate, e.g., the High School tuition is different than the Pre-K tuition. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-782-8031 to inquire.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Denise Richards|
|Admissions Associate||Caroline Funchion|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- The goal of PVCA is to develop our students to think critically, compassionately, and Christianly.
- PVCA offers a strong liberal arts education in order that our students acquire knowledge and college preparedness.
- PVCA offers God in each classroom in order that our students acquire wisdom.
- PVCA - "Intellectually Developed. Compassionately Inspired."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SpringfieldGrades: NS-6 | 103 students
1524 Parker Street
Springfield, MA 01129
- WilbrahamGrades: 6-12 | 425 students
423 Main Street
Wilbraham, MA 01095
- WestfieldGrades: K-9 | 99 students
866 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
- SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 95 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
- WestfieldGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
533 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.