Pioneer Valley Christian Academy
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 338 students
- Acceptance rate: 88%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Audio Visual Club, First Lego League Robotics, High School Robotics Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- MISSION AND VISION
- The Mission of Pioneer Valley Christian Academy is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind.
- The Academy strives to provide a college preparatory, liberal arts curriculum, emphasizing Christian morals and ethics, and Christian standards of discipline and instruction. The Academy desires that students learn the relevance of Christianity to our culture. It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, physically, and socially mature and prepared to invest their lives influencing society for the glory of God.
- The Academy employs Christian faculty who teach curriculum based on a Christ-centered view of life, and foster obedience to God as the sovereign Creator and source of all truth and knowledge.
- The Academy, in partnership with its families, serves students in preschool through grade twelve who reside predominantly in the Pioneer Valley and Northern Connecticut.
- Our teachers seek to share the love of God found in Christ Jesus with their students. They understand the philosophy of Christian education and thus, endeavor to develop young men and women with sincere faith, keen intellect, and compassionate hearts. Each student is challenged to strive for personal excellence and spiritual maturity, as the teachers guide them to reach their God-given potential.
- CORE VALUES
- Honor, Integrity, Gratitude, Responsibility, and Perseverance are the Biblical Core Values which serve as the foundation for Academic Excellence, Character Formation, and Community Connections at Pioneer Valley Christian Academy. Our core values are principles that are incorporated into our daily practice in every aspect of our educational program.
- A Christian philosophy of education affirms a comprehensive worldview of God, man, and the universe. God, who is immutable, has revealed Himself in nature, in the Person of Jesus, and in the Bible, which is authoritative in all matters of faith, truth, and practice. Jesus Christ is the focus of all scripture, and the source of all authority for life and education (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- Man is a unique creation of God, made in His image, apart from any evolutionary process. Being made in God`s image, man has a sense of purpose, fulfillment, and destiny. He is a rational and moral being, capable of understanding and communicating ideas.
- The image of God in man is marred by sin; his understanding is obscured and his morality debased. Though fallen from his original position through Adam`s disobedience and his own sin, he may be restored to full relationship with God through his acceptance of the redemptive work of Christ, applied by the Holy Spirit.
- Christian education begins with knowing God through Jesus Christ "in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). No one is truly educated who does not know God. People are dependent upon God for the ability to learn truth and to interpret facts. "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." (I Corinthians 2:14).
- Christian education promotes a Biblical relationship within the family, the church, and the Christian Academy. According to the Scriptures, parents are responsible to God for the education of their children. The cooperative effort of the home and the Christian Academy is needed to fulfill that responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Bible and of Jesus Christ, integrated with the curriculum, is essential to the development and growth of the child physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. Right behavior is based on the proper concept of the origin and purpose of all things; namely, that "whatever we do in word or deed should be done to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Endorse Pioneer Valley Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards