Pioneer Valley Christian Academy
- Pioneer Valley Christian Academy is a preschool through grade twelve, Christ-centered community committed to developing students` individual strengths, helping them to achieve their highest potential. Taught from a Biblical perspective, students are encouraged to pursue excellence in their academics, life choices, and personal relationships. Successful graduates acquire the ability to think critically with a passion to lead and serve, affecting the world around them for God`s glory. The mission of Pioneer Valley Christian School is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the inerrant and authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind.
- The school provides primarily a liberal arts curriculum, incorporating Christian standards of discipline and instruction with a continuous emphasis on Christian morals and ethics.
- The school strives for excellence by teaching a curriculum based on a Christ-centered view of life, providing qualified Christian faculty, and fostering obedience to God as the Sovereign Creator and source of all truth and knowledge.
- The school desires that students learn the relevancy of Christianity to our culture.
- It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, physically and socially mature and are prepared to invest their lives impacting society for the glory of God.
- The school, in partnership with its families, serves students in preschool through grade twelve residing predominantly in the Pioneer Valley and northern Connecticut.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based or mild learning differences, intense program designed to stimulate students’ deficit areas in perception and cognition|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Literature, Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Chemistry|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PVCA's tuition is based on operating costs, and each "school" within the Academy has a different tuition rate, e.g., the High School tuition is different than the Pre-K tuition. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-782-8031 to inquire.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Denise Richards|
|Admissions Associate||Caroline Funchion|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Audio Visual Club, First Lego League Robotics, High School Robotics Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- MISSION AND VISION
- The Mission of Pioneer Valley Christian Academy is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind.
- The Academy strives to provide a college preparatory, liberal arts curriculum, emphasizing Christian morals and ethics, and Christian standards of discipline and instruction. The Academy desires that students learn the relevance of Christianity to our culture. It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, physically, and socially mature and prepared to invest their lives influencing society for the glory of God.
- The Academy employs Christian faculty who teach curriculum based on a Christ-centered view of life, and foster obedience to God as the sovereign Creator and source of all truth and knowledge.
- The Academy, in partnership with its families, serves students in preschool through grade twelve who reside predominantly in the Pioneer Valley and Northern Connecticut.
- Our teachers seek to share the love of God found in Christ Jesus with their students. They understand the philosophy of Christian education and thus, endeavor to develop young men and women with sincere faith, keen intellect, and compassionate hearts. Each student is challenged to strive for personal excellence and spiritual maturity, as the teachers guide them to reach their God-given potential.
- CORE VALUES
- Honor, Integrity, Gratitude, Responsibility, and Perseverance are the Biblical Core Values which serve as the foundation for Academic Excellence, Character Formation, and Community Connections at Pioneer Valley Christian Academy. Our core values are principles that are incorporated into our daily practice in every aspect of our educational program.
- A Christian philosophy of education affirms a comprehensive worldview of God, man, and the universe. God, who is immutable, has revealed Himself in nature, in the Person of Jesus, and in the Bible, which is authoritative in all matters of faith, truth, and practice. Jesus Christ is the focus of all scripture, and the source of all authority for life and education (II Timothy 3:16-17).
- Man is a unique creation of God, made in His image, apart from any evolutionary process. Being made in God`s image, man has a sense of purpose, fulfillment, and destiny. He is a rational and moral being, capable of understanding and communicating ideas.
- The image of God in man is marred by sin; his understanding is obscured and his morality debased. Though fallen from his original position through Adam`s disobedience and his own sin, he may be restored to full relationship with God through his acceptance of the redemptive work of Christ, applied by the Holy Spirit.
- Christian education begins with knowing God through Jesus Christ "in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3). No one is truly educated who does not know God. People are dependent upon God for the ability to learn truth and to interpret facts. "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." (I Corinthians 2:14).
- Christian education promotes a Biblical relationship within the family, the church, and the Christian Academy. According to the Scriptures, parents are responsible to God for the education of their children. The cooperative effort of the home and the Christian Academy is needed to fulfill that responsibility.
- Knowledge of the Bible and of Jesus Christ, integrated with the curriculum, is essential to the development and growth of the child physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. Right behavior is based on the proper concept of the origin and purpose of all things; namely, that "whatever we do in word or deed should be done to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Grades: NS-6 | 105 students
1524 Parker Street
Springfield, MA 01129
(413) 782-3108 1 NS-6
- Westfield Grades: K-8 | 138 students
866 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 572-2748 10.9 K-8
- Westfield Grades: 1-12 | 62 students
533 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 562-9500 12.4 1-12
A very nice school and warm, supportive community.
- Posted by Parent - Kindergarten Mom
Pioneer Valley Christian Academy is a wonderful school. It encompasses everything our family was looking for in a school. Quality academics, caring community, and strong morals and values modeled by PVCA faculty and staff. My children have been attending since preschool and our oldest son is moving on to Middle School. Aside from their views aligning with our family's, I have also treasured the student integration that occurs throughout the school day. My boys can be walking down the hallway to a technology class and come across one of their older peers and score a high five or quick shout out, "How are you, buddy?" It's such a great community and worth every penny.
- Posted by Parent - Marie Leits