Wilbraham & Monson Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 398 students
- Yearly Tuition: $69,500
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Wilbraham & Monson Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Atlas Newspaper, Black Student Union, Chess Club, Community Service Team, Dorm Prefects, Fashion Club, Finance Club, French Club, Gardening Club, Global Leaders, Global Scholars, Gold Key Club, Harmonia, Math Team, Model Congress, Model UN, Robotics Club, Science Olympiad, Stone Society, Student Activities Club, Student Government, WMA Design Fellows, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Academy Singers, Chamber Ensemble, Dance, Mosaic Harmony, Technical Theatre, theater, Titan Jazz Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Instructional Tennis, Outdoor Program, Snowboarding, Tai Chi, Yoga
- Wilbraham & Monson Academy is an independent, college-preparatory, coeducational middle and upper school for boarding and day students. Located in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, a suburban community in south-central Massachusetts, Wilbraham & Monson Academy offers a transformational experience where students become challenge-seeking citizens and leaders of an evolving world. Our academic program aims to create global thinkers by offering a curriculum that integrates the mastery of traditional core disciplines such as English, Math, Science, World Languages and the Arts, while also incorporating courses specific to economics, entrepreneurship, and global studies. We also combine the innovative curriculum of our Center for Entrepreneurship, Economics & Finance with a strong college preparatory program, which includes 23 Advanced Placement courses and various honors tracks. Our CEEF program is designed to give students a comprehensive introduction to their role as global citizens and leaders in an increasingly interconnected world economy. Students are taught to think like entrepreneurs, to analyze current and historical issues and to investigate economic and social issues. Students are also able to utilize our Trading Center in an effort to understand and engage in active research and trading in order to gain an understanding of the global financial environment. Outside of the classroom students have the opportunity to engage in more than 30 competitive, recreational or civic activities ranging from varsity level sports, community service, outdoor adventure, dance and theatre. Our mission and goal is to create ethical young men and women. Future leaders, who investigate opportunities for intellectual growth, integrate by seeking intercultural connections, interact with others respectfully and effectively and innovate by practicing critical reasoning and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mark Shenkman - Director of Shenkman Capital Management
- Nitya Pibulsonggram - Thai Foreign Minister, Former Thai Ambassador to the United Nations
- Bill James - Rockport Capital Partners
- Bill Guerin - NHL hockey player
- Bob Lappin - Conductor, Palm Beach Orchestra
- Olaf Halvorrsen - Received Royal Norwegian Order of Merit
- Galway Kinnel - Author/Poet
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wilbraham & Monson Academy cost?
Wilbraham & Monson Academy's tuition is approximately $69,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Wilbraham & Monson Academy?
The acceptance rate of Wilbraham & Monson Academy is 50%, which is lower than the national average of 71%.
Who are famous alumni from Wilbraham & Monson Academy?
Wilbraham & Monson Academy famous alumni include: Mark Shenkman, Nitya Pibulsonggram, Bill James, Bill Guerin, Bob Lappin, Olaf Halvorrsen and Galway Kinnel.
Does Wilbraham & Monson Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Wilbraham & Monson Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Wilbraham & Monson Academy offer?
Wilbraham & Monson Academy offers 23 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Riflery, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track and Wrestling. Wilbraham & Monson Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for most sports offered.
What is Wilbraham & Monson Academy's ranking?
Wilbraham & Monson Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for: Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Wilbraham & Monson Academy?
The application deadline for Wilbraham & Monson Academy is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Wilbraham & Monson Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards