- Founded in 1804, Wilbraham & Monson Academy is a day and boarding school of 425 students in grades 6-postgraduate.
- The Academy is dedicated to preparing students for successful competitive college admission and facing the challenge of global citizenship and leadership through the study of economics, entrepreneurship, and global studies.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Human Geography, AP Language & Composition, AP Latin, AP Literature & Composition, AP Macroeconomics: The Global Economy, AP Microeconomics: The Market Economy, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C, AP Research, AP Seminar, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: 3D Design, AP United States History, AP World History,|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$58,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes academic instruction, room and board.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kate Gaw|
|Admissions Associate||Carlee D'Amato|
|Total Sports Offered||22 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- Wilbraham & Monson Academy is an independent, college-preparatory, coeducational middle and upper school for boarding and day students. Located in Wilbraham, Massachusetts, a suburban community in south-central Massachusetts, Wilbraham & Monson Academy, The Global School, offers a transformational experience where students become challenge-seeking citizens and leaders of an evolving world.Our academic program aims to create global thinkers by offering a curriculum that integrates the mastery of traditional core disciplines such as English, Math, Science, Foreign Language, and the Arts, while also incorporating courses specific to economics, entrepreneurship, and global studies. We also combine the innovative curriculum of our Center for Entrepreneurial and Global Studies with a strong college preparatory program, which includes 22 Advanced Placement courses and various honors tracks. Our CEGS program is designed to give students a comprehensive introduction to their role as global citizens and leaders in an increasingly interconnected world economy. Students are taught to think like entrepreneurs, to analyze current and historical issues and to investigate economic and social issues. Students are also able to utilize our Trading Center in an effort to understand and engage in active research and trading in order to gain an understanding of the global financial environment. Outside of the classroom students have the opportunity to engage in over 30 competitive, recreational or civic activities ranging from varsity level sports, community service, outdoor adventure, dance and theatre. Our mission and goal is to create ethical young men and women. Future leaders, who investigate opportunities for intellectual growth, integrate by seeking intercultural connections, interact with others respectfully and effectively and innovate by practicing critical reasoning and entrepreneurial thinking.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GranbyGrades: 6-12 | 296 students
66 School St
Granby, MA 01033
TulsaGrades: PK-12 | 239 students
8720 E. 61st St.
Tulsa, OK 74133
SpringfieldGrades: PK-12 | 292 students
965 Plumtree Road
Springfield, MA 01119
DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 651 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Oklahoma CityGrades: NS-12 | 930 students
1800 NW 122nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
After attending Wilbraham and Monson Academy for four years, I can confidently say that the Academy not only served me as an excellent school, but as a second home. Set in the picturesque Wilbraham, Massachusetts, the Academy offers sixth grade to post graduate for both domestic and international students. After stepping on campus, one can instantly understand why WMA is coined "The Global School" by the evident friendships between students of all nationalities and backgrounds, the opportunity for international travel, as well as the abundance of globally-focused courses, particularly in the CEGS (Center for Entrepreneurial and Global Studies) department. It was at the Academy that I fostered an interest in international business and finance through several compelling entrepreneurial electives in the school's Shenkman Trading Center. Being a college preparatory school in nature, WMA does a sufficient job in assisting students with the overwhelming college process through yearly seminars and individual counseling. During my time at the academy I was able to play varsity field hockey, winter and spring track, as well as try tennis and basketball. Additionally, I was able to join extracurricular activities such as Model United Nations and WMAction (the school's daily community service program). I also was able to travel with the Academy to Haiti my sophomore year, on to serve the community, which truly was a trip of a lifetime. Academically, WMA gave me the opportunity to challenge myself across all disciplines. The small class sizes (a roughly 6:1 student to faculty ratio) allow for group discussions, which proved to be a more effective teaching style rather than strictly lecturing. With about 20 Advanced Placement courses, I was able to effectively learn difficult material and receive college credit, thanks to the dedicated and intelligent faculty, who were available for office hours every day of the week. Overall, Wilbraham and Monson Academy prepared me for my top choice school, Trinity College, where I will be matriculating in the Fall, as well as provided me with friendships and connections that will last a life time.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - smgou
WMA is an inclusive and positive environment where students are surrounded by supportive staff members and peers. There are endless opportunities for students to get involved, which enrich the relationships built during their time there. To this day, the WMA family I created for myself is still a very big part of my life. I am extremely grateful for the 2 years I had there and all the community provided for me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - tori.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.