White Oak School
Tel: (413) 562-9500
- White Oak School is a grade 1 - 12 college-preparatory educational day program that provides strong and challenging academic services.
- Students receive instruction in small-group, language-based classes that focus on the sciences, mathematics, history/social studies, language arts, and oral expression.
- Each student also receives a daily, dedicated, one-to-one tutorial for 50 minutes in literacy and organizational skills.
- Our Speech and Language Pathologist offers consultative services to our teachers, communication support to our Oral Expression classes, and direct individual therapy to those students whose communication needs require such intervention.
- Various electives (woodworking, home economics, drama, art, photography, and pottery) help our students to explore and develop rich individual strengths and skills.
- In addition, White Oak School offers a variety of extracurricular activities including sports (soccer, basketball, cross-country, bowling, golfing, and ultimate disc), regular opportunities to participate in the Arts (Drama Club, Music Club, and Pottery Club), and an outdoor education program that offers adventures in hiking, kayaking, camping, and skiing.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: 1-12 | 43 students
840 North Main St.
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 236-2049 27.2 1-12
- West Springfield Grades: Inquire with school | 38 students
511 Main St
West Springfield, MA 01089
(413) 785-5462 8.5 Inquire with school
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.