White Oak School
- White Oak School is a grade 1 - 12 college-preparatory educational day program that provides strong and challenging academic services.
- Students receive instruction in small-group, language-based classes that focus on the sciences, mathematics, history/social studies, language arts, and oral expression.
- Each student also receives a daily, dedicated, one-to-one tutorial for 50 minutes in literacy and organizational skills.
- Our Speech and Language Pathologist offers consultative services to our teachers, communication support to our Oral Expression classes, and direct individual therapy to those students whose communication needs require such intervention.
- Various electives (woodworking, home economics, drama, art, photography, and pottery) help our students to explore and develop rich individual strengths and skills.
- In addition, White Oak School offers a variety of extracurricular activities including sports (soccer, basketball, cross-country, bowling, golfing, and ultimate disc), regular opportunities to participate in the Arts (Drama Club, Music Club, and Pottery Club), and an outdoor education program that offers adventures in hiking, kayaking, camping, and skiing.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hartford Grades: K-12 | 45 students
840 North Main St.
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860)236-2049 27.2 K-12
- West Hartford Grades: 1-12 | 123 students
1678 Asylum Ave
West Hartford, CT 06117
(860)231-5429 28 1-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.