De La Salle Institute
- De La Salle Institute has a rich tradition of integrating academic excellence with faith and service that is second to none.
- De La Salle is a great place to teach and work, which is quite evident from the outstanding number of excellent faculty members who have returned to serve in a variety of positions.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a safe climate, a caring atmosphere and an environment that is conducive to excellent teaching and learning throughout our school.
- As we continue to prepare our students for their college and university academic programs, we are confident that our co-curricular and extracurricular programs provide an important part in developing students with a well-rounded education.
- We believe that we teach more than just academics. It is our responsibility to help form character and teach values.
- Our entire faculty and staff at De La Salle believe in the value and dignity of each student.
- This requires that we provide opportunities for each student to develop to the best of their abilities.
De La Salle Institute places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||915 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 2|
|Admissions Director||John Brogan|
|Admissions Associate||Bob Garrett|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||39 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Ambassador Club, Art Club, Book Club, Boxing Club, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Choir Club, City of De La Salle, Creative Writing Club, Culinary Arts Club, Dance Club, Drone Club, Environmental Club, ESTEEM Club, Fashion Club, Fitness Club, French Club, French N.H.S., Gaming/Gadgets/Comic Book Club, Girls Who Code, Guitar Club, Investment Club, Lasallian Youth, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honors Society, Peer Ministry, R.E.A.C.H. Club, Robotics Club, S.A.D.D., Spanish Club, Spanish N.H.S., Theater Club, UAV Club, Victory Newspaper, Yearbook
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 755 students
6410 S Dante Ave
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)324-1020 4.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
4930 S Cottage Grove Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
(773)285-8400 2 9-12
- Fitchburg Grades: 6-10 | 35 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978)343-7635 810.4 6-10
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 798 students
10001 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60655
(773)429-4300 9.7 9-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.