Desert Montessori Academy
Desert Montessori was founded in 1963 and offers an educational program based on the work of Dr.
Maria Montessori. Her method is founded on the principal that a child wants parents and teachers to "Help me learn to do it for myself." Desert Montessori is designed to help each student discover his unique talents.
The child works at his own pace and learns in the ways that work best for him as an individual.
Desert Montessori strives to help each child reach his full potential in every area of life.
Activities promote the development of social, emotional, and physical growth.
Children ages 2-1/2 through 6 work together in one classroom and children ages 6 through 9 work together in a second classroom.
Only one of each activity is provided in the classroom, forcing the child to choose carefully what he wants to work on and teaching patience when he has to wait his turn.
Desert Montessori is a nonsectarian, nonprofit, parent run corporation. A volunteer Board of Directors is elected each year to oversee the operations of the school.
Desert Montessori Academy is an affiliate of the American Montessori Society and is licensed by the California Department of Health.
The school is listed with the State of California as a private school.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-3
- Students: 79 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Varies based on your child's age and whether they will be also attending the school's early and/or afternoon childcare services.
- Desert Montessori Academy has been educating the young people of our community for over 47 years now.
- We have been educating children ages 2 years to 6 years since our founding.
- In the 2009-2010 school year, we opened a second classroom (1st - 3rd grade).
- We are also currently renovating the property adjacent to the school to further expand the school.
- We are very excited to be able to offer the people of this area a Montessori curriculum that covers these critical learning ages.
- Our goal is to help your child become a happy, healthy, well educated student who loves to learn.
- In addition to a quality education, we offer early and afternoon childcare to make your schedule less hectic.
Endorse Desert Montessori Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.