Diamond Community School
- Diamond Community School, Inc. is an independent, private, nonprofit school serving students in Kindergarten to 12th grades.
- Dr. Doreatha J. Fields founded Diamond Community School in July 1995 with the doors opening on Sept. 5, 1995 for the start of the first school year.
- The school provides high quality educational programs with a focus on learning and achievement through: motivational training, self-esteem programs, peer problem solving strategies, personal character development, respect for self and human diversity, family commitment and interpersonal relationships.
- The goal of Diamond Community School, Inc. is to provide innovative educational program that will cater to each student's individual learning style.
- The school continues to attract the attention of the media as more and more success stories abound in the changed lives of children.
Diamond Community School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniforms. Khaki bottoms & Crest Uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Linda Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, DanceBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||SWAT (udents Workinf Against Tobacco)|
- Diamond Community School provides individualized instruction for children in a warm, child-centered environment. Each student is given personalized assistance in daily academic instruction that enables them to achieve through their individual learning style. The culturally-diverse student population provides opportunities for mainstreaming and inclusion of all children regardless of their learning style. The climate of acceptance and praise along with supportive, degreed teachers is the school's forte. The school offers a vast array of programs including music, sports and remedial/exceptional education for those students who require specialized instruction.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Grades: 1-12 | 81 students
777 S Apollo Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32901
(321)952-3787 3.3 1-12
- Melbourne Grades: K-12 | 112 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
(321)725-3743 4.8 K-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.