Diamond Springs KinderCare
The teachers and staff at Diamond Spring KinderCare Learning Center take pride in nurturing and educating our children.
The vast majority of our teaching staff have their Child Development Associates Credential, Associate's Degrees, and/or Bachelor's Degrees, with the majority of these being in the Early Childhood Educational field.
Our goal is to have all of our teachers to have obtain one of these degrees by the end of 2013.
At the end of the day we want to ensure that every child in our care leaves happy and excited about the day they have had, and are excited to return tomorrow.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the Diamond Springs KinderCare in the exciting city of Virginia Beach, Virginia! Our most precious and prized possession in our center are our families. We believe that the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of each child constitutes the whole child and this is where our focus lies. Here at the Diamond Springs KinderCare each child interacts with program teachers qualified in Early Childhood Education. Families are strongly encouraged to be a part of our program by volunteering their many talents. Come visit us and see for yourself!
- Your child's safety and well being are our top priorities. We offer the folowing security measures: We have a locked key pad entry system in order to gain access to our center, and fenced-in playgrounds for all ages to enjoy. We also perform monthly fire and disaster drills to ensure all children and staff know what to do in the event of an emergency. We also have a Health and Safety Coordinator on staff whose primary responsibility is to ensure that all staff and children are safe and healthy every day. She performs monthly safety observations to ensure that all potential concerns are caught ahead of time and handled properly. Teachers also receive monthly training, in which we focus on a unique health and safety topic each month. All teachers and staff are CPR and First Aid Certified, also the Center Director and Assistant Director are certified American Red Cross Instructors. We also have four members of the staff who are licensed to administer medication. In the Commonwealth of Virginia, at least one member of the staff has to have this license.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: French
- Norfolk, VA Beach, Chesapeake, CCA, and NACCRRA
Endorse Diamond Springs KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.