Divine Child High School
- Divine Child High School is a Catholic high school centered in Gospel values and Christian tradition.
- Divine Child is the largest Catholic, co-ed high school in Michigan with over 800 students in grades 9 - 12.
- We are dedicated to excellenece spiritually, academically, athletically, socially and creatively.
- We are dedicated to developing youth who pursue lives of responsibility, leadership and faith in action.
- Our students live in 55 different zip codes throughout the Detroit metropolitan area, and attend 50 different Catholic parishes in addition to the Church of the Divine Child.
Divine Child High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Four instructional specialists on staff to assist students with mild to moderate learning disabilities.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$50|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Our summer programs range from $50 - $350 depending on the length of the camp or program.|
|Total Students||849 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Latin, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Research, AP Seminar, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government/Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jun. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,950|
|Tuition Notes||Out of parish rate is $9,200. Academic scholarships and need-based financial grants are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Matthew Saxer|
|Admissions Associate||Jude Ripley|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||38 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Quiz Bowl, Anime Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Culinary Arts Club, Cyber Patriots, DCHS Your Group (BRICK), Debate Society, Divine Child Television (DCTV), Forensics Team, German Club, In Stitches (Sewing Club), Interact Club (Rotary), Latin & Greek Club, Link Crew, Medical Club, Ministry of Presence Club, Model United Nations Club, National Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Tabletop Games Club, Technology/Robotics Club, Varsity Club, Video Games Club, Yearbook, Young Alumni Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Color Guard, Fall Drama Production, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Spring Drama Production/Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bowling Club, Esports Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Divine Child High School is a Catholic high school centered in Gospel values and Christian tradition. We are the largest, Catholic, co-ed high school in Michigan with over 800 students enrolled from 55 different zip codes and 50 different parishes.
- Spiritually, our students have religion classes daily, visit our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel weekly, and attend liturgies twice a month. All students complete ten service hours each year with numerous service opportunities available throughout the school year and the summer. Students are required to attend one retreat each year.
- Academically, we offer academic courses for excellent, above average and average students. We offer honors classes starting freshman year, and Advanced Placement Courses for college credit starting sophomore year. Over the past five years, 80% of our students who took the Advanced Placement exams earned a score of 3, 4 or 5 giving them college credit, far above the national average of 61%. In addition, we have three instructional support specialists who assist students with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
- Athletically, we offer 55 teams in 27 sports, and we have enjoyed athletic success on many levels. Over our history, we have earned over 100 Catholic League championships and 40 state championships. With so many teams for a school of our size, most students who want to play a sport can make the team. Our new stadium just opened which includes an all-weather turf field, eight-lane all weather track, and seating for 2000 fans.
- Socially, our student can participate in 35 clubs and activities. Whether a student is interested in areas such culinary arts, robotics, student council or pet therapy, we have clubs and activities for many interests. New clubs are added each year depending upon student interest.
- Creatively, we offer over twenty diifferent fine arts courses each year, and we have one of the most extensive fine arts programs in the state. Almost 100 students participate in our band program which has pefromed in Chicago, New York City and Walt Disney World. Our drama program offers a fall play and a spring musical, and our performnaces draw rave reviews and play to packed audiences in our newly updated auditorium. Finally, our art program offers general art classes along with more specialized courses such as ceramics, digital photography, painting, printmaking, woodworking and art history.
- Falcon For A Day shadow visits are available between mid-September and the early May. We host Open Houses in late October and late January... please visit our website at www.divinechildhighschool.org for specific dates and times. Our application process is detailed on our website, and our school videos are located there as well. Feel free to email or call us, and you will soon see why we are dedicated to exellenece... spiritually, academically, athletically, socially and creatively.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redford Grades: 5-12 | 155 students
Redford, MI 48239
(313) 255-1100 3.7 5-12