Divine Child High School
- Top Ranked MI School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 808 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,100
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Jun. 23 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Divine Child High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for:
Academics and Faculty
School uniform required
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Quiz Bowl, Anime Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Culinary Arts Club, Cyber Patriots, DCHS Your Group (BRICK), Debate Society, Divine Child Television (DCTV), Forensics Team, German Club, In Stitches (Sewing Club), Interact Club (Rotary), Latin & Greek Club, Link Crew, Medical Club, Ministry of Presence Club, Model United Nations Club, National Honor Society, Pro-Life Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Tabletop Games Club, Technology/Robotics Club, Varsity Club, Video Games Club, Yearbook, Young Alumni Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Color Guard, Fall Drama Production, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Spring Drama Production/Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bowling Club, Esports Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Divine Child High School is a Catholic high school centered in Gospel values and Christian tradition. We are the largest, Catholic, co-ed high school in Michigan with over 800 students enrolled from 55 different zip codes and 50 different parishes.
- Spiritually, our students have religion classes daily and attend weekly liturgies. All students complete ten service hours each year with numerous service opportunities available throughout the school year and the summer. Students are required to attend one retreat each year.
- Academically, we offer academic courses for excellent, above average and average students. We offer honors classes starting freshman year, and Advanced Placement Courses for college credit starting sophomore year. Over the past five years, 80% of our students who took the Advanced Placement exams earned a score of 3, 4 or 5 giving them college credit, far above the national average of 61%. In addition, we have four instructional support specialists who assist students with mild to moderate learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
- Athletically, we offer 53 teams in 27 sports, and we have enjoyed athletic success on many levels. Over our history, we have earned over 100 Catholic League championships and 40 state championships. With so many teams for a school of our size, most students who want to play a sport can make the team. Our new stadium just opened which includes an all-weather turf field, eight-lane all weather track, and seating for 2000 fans.
- Socially, our student can participate in 35 clubs and activities. Whether a student is interested in areas such as culinary arts, robotics, student council or eSports, we have clubs and activities for many interests. New clubs are added each year depending upon student interest.
- Creatively, we offer over twenty diifferent fine arts courses each year, and we have one of the most extensive fine arts programs in the state. Almost 100 students participate in our band program which has pefromed in Chicago, New York City and Walt Disney World. Our drama program offers a fall play and a spring musical, and our performnaces draw rave reviews and play to packed audiences in our newly updated auditorium. Finally, our art program offers general art classes along with more specialized courses such as ceramics, digital photography, painting, printmaking, woodworking and art history.
- Falcon For A Day shadow visits are available between mid-September and the early May. We host Open Houses in early November and late January... please visit our website at www.divinechildhighschool.org for specific dates and times. Our application process is detailed on our website, and our school videos are located there as well. Feel free to email or call us, and you will soon see why we are dedicated to exellenece... spiritually, academically, athletically, socially and creatively.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Divine Child High School cost?
Divine Child High School's tuition is approximately $8,100 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Divine Child High School?
The acceptance rate of Divine Child High School is 90%, which is lower than the national average of 94%. Divine Child High School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Michigan with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Divine Child High School offer?
Divine Child High School offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. Divine Child High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Michigan for most sports offered.
What is Divine Child High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Divine Child High School?
The application deadline for Divine Child High School is Dec. 15 / Jun. 23 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 15 / Jun. 23 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Divine Child High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards