Downtown Portland KinderCare
Our staff would like to welcome you to visit our center.
The staff takes pride in keeping up to date with the latest trends in Early Childhood Education.
Ongoing training is offered to the staff during the year at the center and through the various training opportunities in the community.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Downtown KinderCare! We look forward to meeting you and your family to show you our curriculum and enrichment programs! We are confident that once you visit you will love our educated, warm and nurturing staff! Our experts designed our classrooms '” and every activity and lesson '” to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. You'll also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and children's literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, we're helping develop early literacy and writing skills. Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, we're excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning!
- Our center has a keypad entry that allows parents entrance to the center. Any one new picking up a child must be on the parent pick up list and must present a current identification. Our playground is secured by a locked fence. All of our staff has CPR and First Aid certification. Our center is also state certified.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, French, Mandarin, Spanish
- None - Call Center Director
Endorse Downtown Portland KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.