St Mary's Academy
St Mary's Academy Photo #2 - Our student athletes have won 20 OSAA state championships in six different sports and two Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association state titles.
St Mary's Academy Photo #3 - 89% of the student body is involved in extracurricular activities, from robotics to dragon boat racing, there are more than 30 clubs available to join.
St Mary's Academy Photo #4 - College-preparatory curricula, outstanding faculty, and learning environments that extend far beyond the classroom, provides our curious, hard working students with the tools to reach their full academic potential.
St Mary's Academy Photo #5 - SMA students have abundant opportunities to explore their inner artist, musician, dancer, actor and singer through nearly 30 unique Fine Arts courses and programs.
St Mary's Academy Photo #6 - Our performing arts program includes choral and instrumental music, dance and theatrical presentations, allowing students to work together on the stage and as members of the crew to put on a variety of performances.
St Mary's Academy Photo #7 - We believe in girls who lift each other up, who become what they always planned and what they never imagined. We believe in applause.
St Mary's Academy Photo #8 - The nationally recognized St. Mary's Academy MARIANS ARE THE ONLY ALL-FEMALE CHOIR IN THE HISTORY OF THE OSAA 6A STATE CHOIR COMPETITION to be awarded FIRST PLACE. The Marians have performed twice in our nation's White House.
- St. Mary's Academy is a place where girls collaborate, lead, mentor and learn from one another.
- A place where girls are adventurous, engaged learners in Math, Science, and Technology as well as Humanities and Fine Arts. Our rich tradition, steeped in the Catholic faith, nurtures each student's spirituality and encourages them to explore and expand their faith.
- At St. Mary's we believe in becoming. We believe in the artist, the thinker, the dancer, the coder, the athlete, the servant, the leader - especially the leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||695 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP French, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP Studio Drawing, AP US Government,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jen Bash|
|Admissions Associate||Kelsey Hui|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Asian Pacific Club, Black Student Union, Community Service, Debate, Ethics Bowl, Film Club, French Club, Girl Up, History Club, Human Rights Club, Jewish Student Union, Latino Club, Mock Trial, Multicultural Club, Oregon Battle of the Books, Outdoor Club, Politics Club, Queer Student Union, Robotics, Science Bowl, Science Club, Science Fiction Club, Student Government, Women's Equality Club, Writer's club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance, Orchestra, Theatre, Visual Arts Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dragon Boat Racing
- At St. Mary's Academy, unique, powerful women leaders are not the exception to the rule-they're everyone you meet. Since 1859, when a group of passionate Sisters founded a school for women when none like it existed, St. Mary's has always been a place that nurtures extraordinary women leaders.
- That's the beauty of a program only we can offer as Oregon's sole provider of the exemplary all-girls Catholic high school education-a place where women are challenged to take risks on the field, on the stage, and in the lab; where women are setting an example for what a leader really looks like.
- St. Mary's Academy is the only place where young women, embracing a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds, come together to discover, grow and thrive in an environment designed specifically for their success.
- St. Mary's students break molds. They know how to speak their mind just as well as they know mindfulness, they lean on spirituality, faith and Catholic values while they carve out their own paths, and lift each other up in the process.
- St. Mary's graduates enter the world confident in their abilities, energized by their passions, grounded in our traditions, and undaunted by the challenges they will face.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 9-12 | 913 students
2401 Se Stark St
Portland, OR 97214
(503)235-3138 2 9-12
- Anaheim Grades: 9-12 | 126 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714)776-1717 844.9 9-12
- Inglewood Grades: 9-12 | 256 students
701 Grace Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90301
(310)674-8470 829.8 9-12
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626)685-8333 818.2 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.