Dunwoody Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- The mission of Dunwoody Christian School is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life`s opportunities and challenges.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition may be paid through automated bank withdraw or credit card. Need-based scholarships are available. Please contact us to learn more.|
|Admissions Director||Bob Baima|
- Non-denominational, independent, covenant Christian school
- Adding at least one grade per year until DCS is a full service K-12 school
- We currently offer classes for Kindergarten (full day) through 3rd grade
- Our mission is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life`s opportunities and challenges.
- Small class sizes - no more than 12 students in a class
- Academic excellence in a loving, Christian community
- Affordable tuition
- College preparatory
- State certified Christian teachers
- Robust classroom instructed curriculum in math, science, language arts, social studies, and Bible
- A full complement of age-appropriate, extra-curricular classes, meeting at least weekly: Spanish, Technology, Art, Music, and Physical education
- Weekly after-school art club and chess club
- Curriculum adheres to the Georgia Standards of Excellence and the Georgia Performance Standards
- Weekly chapel service
- Students wear school uniforms
- Parent app accessible video camera monitoring of every classroom
- Informative and fun school field trips
- Meeting in Dunwoody Community Church
- Class day begins at 8:00 AM (carpool begins at 7:45AM), ends at 2:45 PM
- We publish an annual calendar which generally follows the DeKalb County school calendar
- We are now accepting applications!
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: PK-K | 66 students
5015 Tilly Mill Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338 1.5 PK-K
- Atlanta Grades: NS-5 | 93 students
4805 Tilly Mill Rd
Atlanta, GA 30360
(770)457-8963 1.6 NS-5
- Atlanta Grades: PK-6 | 99 students
5505 Winters Chapel Rd
Atlanta, GA 30360
(770)730-0045 1.6 PK-6
- Atlanta Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
(770)394-8177 1.7 6-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-K | 92 students
1978 Mount Vernon Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338
(770)393-1424 1.7 PK-K
Dunwoody Christian School has changed our family for the better. After a year of over crowded classrooms, academic struggling and anxiety with every school drop off, we decided to move our two children to a private school. We toured several and fell in love with DCS. As a two-parent working family, we are able to be involved and feel like we are helping build this much-needed private school in the Dunwoody area. We also feel the teachers and leadership partner with us, meeting each child where they are. My kids teachers have attended their sporting events, birthday parties and other special occasions - it's something truly special.
- Posted by Parent - BS
Dunwoody Christian School is a school where teaching children about the love of God, partnering with parents in student education, and creating a loving, family atmosphere in the school and classroom are priority.
- Posted by Teacher - Jenna Rodriguez
Dunwoody Christian School has been an answer to my prayers. I am blessed to come to work each day where I am valued as a professional , where kids and families support each other and where God`s Love is felt every day.
- Posted by Teacher - Kim
We LOVE Dunwoody Christian School! We can feel God`s presence every time we walk through the doors. It is truly an answer to our prayers! It is such a joy to watch my Kindergartener grow both academically and spiritually. Class sizes are small (10 or fewer students per class) so each child receives personalized attention and lesson plans. Teachers are very caring and extremely qualified. They truly know and love each child individually. Even outside of the classroom, they attend the kids` sporting events and birthday parties. (In Kindergarten, having your teacher show up at your birthday party is a big deal!) It really feels like an extended family.The academics are stellar. In addition to their standard curriculum and recess every day, students have art, music, technology, Spanish, and PE (2x) every week. Teachers are leaders in their fields. For example, the technology teacher is also the director of a Fortune 100 tech company, did PhD coursework at GA Tech, and is somehow teaching my Kindergartener how to code! The 1st grade teacher received her bachelor`s and master`s teaching degrees from Emory and is a veteran teacher. Even the PE teacher has a master`s in divinity and incorporates Biblical principles and Scripture into the exercise and sports programs!Christ is at the center of everything the school does. They start each day with prayer, memorize a Bible verse each week, learn Bible stories/principles each day, and have chapel every Friday that families are welcome to attend. (We love going to chapel whenever we can to hear the lesson and worship with the kids.) It is so sweet to hear my daughter pray for her friends` prayer requests each night at bedtime. It`s also amazing how she can share just the right Bible verse in just the moment when I need to hear it. (It`s cool when your child can also encourage you in your walk with the Lord - God is so good!) The extracurricular activities are also great. The students put on sweet programs throughout the year (e.g., Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Veteran`s Day) and every student gets a speaking role or solo. They go on wonderful field trips and it seems like there`s at least one fun activity or event every week. There are after-school art and chess clubs, which my daughter loves. (Of course, the art lessons are taught by someone with a studio arts degree and chess club is taught by a chess champion. It`s humbling when your kid starts to gently correct your chess moves.)The community is very warm and welcoming. There are ample opportunities for parents to visit the classroom and get involved beyond the standard Mystery Reader and Muffins with Mom. We often have impromptu playdates with classmates on the playground after school. All of the moms text each other to remind each other about the week`s events. Since the school is in Dunwoody, we get together with other DCS families regularly and run into them all the time around Dunwoody. (Plus, since we live in Dunwoody, we don`t have to worry about traffic or buses.) Many of the students play on the same sports teams or sing in the same local choirs so it really feels like a community. Every family is very kind, loves the Lord, and is committed to the success of the school. In short, we love this sweet school and hope you check it out!
- Posted by Parent - JA
Dunwoody Christian has been an incredible blessing and answer to prayer for our family. Years ago we prayed that God would bring a school to Dunwoody with a focus on Christ and strong academics. This school accomplishes both of these goals and more! Classes are small so my daughter is known and nurtured and lessons are customized for her. She prays every morning with her class, learns a Bible verse each week, and is growing so much spiritually- It is a joy to watch! The teachers are excellent and care about the students as individuals. Since it is in our own community of Dunwoody, we are able to be very involved and see school friends regularly. The DCS community is warm, welcoming, and close knit. Our daughter loves this school so much that she begs to go to school on weekends! We LOVE DCS and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a solid Christian education for their children!
- Posted by Parent - Julia
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.