East Texas Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (903) 561-8642
East Texas Christian Academy, a distinctively different Christian leadership academy, is a private, Christian school, founded in Tyler, Texas in 1979. ETCA provides a quality education in a loving, supportive environment for students 4 years of age through grade 12.
Our mission is to provide every student with outstanding academics, character training, and excellence in all we do for the glory of God.
We accomplish this with dedicated faculty and staff who integrate the word of God in every subject.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1150|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per department|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Competitions, Drama, Mission Trips, Model United Nations (MUN), National Honor Society, Panther Leadership Academy, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band Program, Chorus
- ETCA provides a complete education that centers on three areas of education in a student's life - academic excellence, Biblical worldview and leadership development.Our mission is to provide Academics that equip every child with educational and biblical knowledge; Character building and training that enhances the uniqueness of each student; and Excellence in all we do for the glory of God. We accomplish this mission with dedicated faculty and staff who integrate the word of God in every subject and intentionally invest in each child by building leadership principles in every subject taught.
- No matter what grade your child is in, ETCA has a clear goal in mind of where we want your child to be when they graduate, and we intentionally build our programs to achieve that goal. We invite you to look at our graduate profile on our website to see the unique qualities we strive to produce in each of our graduates.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tyler Grades: K-12 | 103 students
604 W 4th St
Tyler, TX 75701
(903) 534-9992 4.5 K-12
- Tyler Grades: PK-5 | 223 students
500 S College Avenue
Tyler, TX 75702
(903) 595-4109 5.2 PK-5
Both of my children have been enrolled at this school for almost 1 year, as of this writing. I am very pleased with most of the school's aspects. My oldest child's experience has been a bit more positive than my younger child's, but at the end of the day, it's a good school for both of them. It is solid academically. The teachers/faculty are smart and helpful. This school is not as high brow as some of my town's private schools are (and I say that as a compliment to ETCA).
- Posted by Parent - chipp
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.