Eliot-pearson Children's School
- The Eliot-Pearson Children's School is the laboratory-demonstration school affiliated with the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development at Tufts University.
- The school serves as a model and demonstration facility, providing a training and observation site for new and experienced teachers and a research facility for faculty and supervised students in the Department of Child Development.
- First and foremost we aim to create a quality, nurturing experience for all children and their families.
- In addition, as a lab program we are involved in the ongoing training and supervision of our graduate teaching assistants, student teachers and field workers.
- By creating a quality early childhood experience for children, we are providing a first-hand example of excellence to our adult-student participants.
- In addition, a great deal of time is spent providing further training through supervision meetings, team meetings, and workshops/discussions throughout the year.
- Everyone on our staff takes professional development very seriously. It is one of the benchmarks of excellence in this program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Medford Grades: K-9 | 231 students
1 Saint Clare Rd
Medford, MA 02155
(781) 395-9170 1.4 K-9
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.