Elmwood Country Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (914) 592-8577
Elmwood Country Day School Photo #4 - The Young Architects read Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin and then got to work creating their own snowflakes with Kapla blocks.
Elmwood Country Day School Photo #5 - A favorite tradition is our spring study of butterflies and their exciting release.
Elmwood Country Day School Photo #6 - Music with our beloved artist, Anne, can mean singing along to songs on the guitar, musical obstacle courses, movement activities, singing and acting out song books, and playing a variety of instruments.
Elmwood Country Day School Photo #8 - Our Young Detectives disguised themselves as visitors to Elmwood and discovered clues that helped them solve the week's mystery.
Elmwood Country Day School Photo #10 - Author celebrations are a favorite event in our Transitional Fives & Kindergarten class. Children meet in small groups for literacy time, learning from a teacher model, guided practice, independent practice, and the share. The focus is always on the excitement of communicating an idea and personal growth.
- Elmwood Day School has been providing excellent early childhood education to Lower Westchester since 1957.
- We strive to create an environment that allows each child to feel safe, known, comfortable, and accepted.
- We offer morning and afternoon classes for children ages two through first grade, including transitional fives program. Extended day enrichment classes also offered for 3s-5s.
- Our integrated curriculum, based on New York State standards, fosters abstract and concrete thinking skills.
- A balance of spontaneous play, teacher-directed, and child-initiated activities help children develop a strong awareness of themselves and the world around them.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- White Plains Grades: PK-K | 166 students
White Plains, NY 10605
(914) 949-3134 5.1 PK-K
- Dobbs Ferry Grades: PK-K | 164 students
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
(914) 693-4443 2.3 PK-K
- Scarsdale Grades: PK-K | 230 students
27 Crane Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
(914) 472-4404 3.3 PK-K
This school is excellent. They are very creative and caring - they are play based, and yet most kids excel academically. It's because they sneak the learning in... Jane is the Director and caring but also a "nerd" about early childhood education. She is a fantastic resource and you can tell that she thrives on learning more and providing an excellent start to school. This school is excellent but not fancy. They have their own songs and a very sweet culture that includes everyone. We love it at Elmwood.
- Posted by Parent - emily
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.