Evergreen Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #2 - Evergreen is located in the historic Hughes Church building between Silver Spring, Kensington and Wheaton, MD. Our extensive facilities?? indoors and out?? provide a beautiful setting for every learning activity.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #3 - Ask any Evergreen student to find her heart, and she'll immediately put a hand to her chest.Our children seem to naturally know that the heart is the center of life and love. It is the same way with our school. Ask any parent where to find the heart of Evergreen and consistently you'll hear: "it's the teachers."
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #4 - Art is a fundamental part of the curriculum as is music, cooking, PE, Spanish and library.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #5 - As AMI says, in Montessori spaces "[g]reat care has been taken to create a learning environment that will reinforce the child's independence and natural urge toward self-development.?" For this reason, Evergreen undertook a major enhancement project to an area central to our children?'s development that is the first floor restroom.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #6 - For many years the Evergreen Playgarden has been recognized as one of the best all-natural play spaces in Montgomery County. Now, our outdoor area has become an even more important part of our program. The space has been enhanced to better serve as a location for environmental education and more.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #7 - How do you fill your home with warmth, love, kindness and respect? It is never too early tointroduce Montessori ideas to your baby.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #8 - For cognitive development, there are huge benefits to the multi-age classroom. It is clear that children learn from one another; they learn by observing and interacting. Younger children learn cognitive and social skills not just through hands-on work, but also by observing classmates. In our Elementary room, collaborative learning is a cornerstone.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #9 - For cognitive development, there are huge benefits to the multi-age classroom.
- At Evergreen, we believe in self-paced learning, caring teachers and small class size.
- Students experience the joy of discovery in an intimate and engaging classroom setting.
- Our Montessori program develops independence and provides a great foundation of academic skills. We have been educating children in Montessori tradition since 1964. We pride ourselves in the racial and cultural diversity of our student body.
- We have been recognized as the most culturally diverse school in the Maryland Association of Independent Schools.
- In addition, we are committed to being good stewards of the environment.
- We are an EPA designated "green school" and our rain garden won a sustainability award.
- Our strong academic program begins in our two-year old program.
- Academics are balanced by visual and performing arts as well as Spanish and Physical Education. Extended day program and summer camp available.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,950|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kara Stegeman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Martial Arts, Soccer, TennisDance, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
dance, drama, socce
- Outstanding Montessori curriculum
- Small classes
- Caring, experienced faculty
- EPA designated Green School
- Award-winning Rain Garden
- Expansive gym, libary, music and science rooms
- Creative science and art summer camp
- Convenient location to Silver Spring, Kensignton and Wheaton
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 1082 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)530-8260 3.7 NS-12
At Evergreen, we believe that first years of life are the most important. There is no time when a person experiences more cognitive, social and emotional growth. Not only are children developing the intellectual skills they need for academic success, they are developing the patterns of independence, confidence and a relationship to the world that will forever influence who they are. See our website to learn more about us and why the Montessori approach is so effective at Evergreen School. You are welcome to schedule a visit, too. Regards, John DeMarchi, Head of School
- Posted by Administrator - jdema
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.