Evergreen Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 942-5979
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #2 - Art is a fundamental part of the curriculum as is music, cooking, PE, Spanish and library.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #3 - Ask any Evergreen student to find her heart, and she'll immediately put a hand to her chest.Our children seem to naturally know that the heart is the center of life and love. It is the same way with our school. Ask any parent where to find the heart of Evergreen and consistently you'll hear: "it's the teachers."
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #4 - For many years the Evergreen Playgarden has been recognized as one of the best all-natural play spaces in Montgomery County. Now, our outdoor area has become an even more important part of our program. The space has been enhanced to better serve as a location for environmental education and more.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #5 - Children believe in themselves when they are inspired to meet a challenge. Every child feels success every day.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #6 - Our teachers put the needs of the children first. It is their experience, wisdom and passion for children that guide them each day to create the warmest most vibrant learning community.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #7 - Reading buddies takes place once per week. Primary age children are paired with an Elementary student and share their love of reading. This is a great way to foster the relationships while developing compassion, patience and empathy.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #8 - The Evergreen School Parent Association (ESPA) is an organization that helps build community and support our families. ESPA lead activities such as the Fall Festival, Parent Socials, Pizza on the Playgarden, Teacher Appreciation Week and more. They support activities such as Parent Education programs, International Day, Esteemed Elders' Day, Winter and Spring Festival.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #9 - Interested in learning more about Evergreen and the Montessori philosophy? Join us for Baby and Me ( for children ages 10-26 months). This is a 1 hour drop in class where children and their caregivers learn more about the Montessori approach. Children work with the Montessori materials and a music class by our Music Specialist is provided each week.
Evergreen Montessori School Photo #10 - Evergreen is located in the historic Hughes Church building between Silver Spring, Kensington and Wheaton, MD. Our extensive facilities indoors and out provide a beautiful setting for every learning activity. Evergreen also has a gym for PE and Social Hall for functions.
- At Evergreen, we believe in self-paced learning, caring teachers and small class size.
- Students experience the joy of discovery in an intimate and engaging classroom setting.
- Our Montessori program develops independence and provides a great foundation of academic skills. We have been educating children in Montessori tradition since 1964. We pride ourselves in the racial and cultural diversity of our student body.
- We have been recognized as the most culturally diverse school in the Maryland Association of Independent Schools.
- In addition, we are committed to being good stewards of the environment.
- We are an EPA designated "green school" and our rain garden won a sustainability award.
- Our strong academic program begins in our two-year old program.
- Academics are balanced by visual and performing arts as well as Spanish and Physical Education. Extended day program and summer camp available.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,222|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kara Stegeman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Martial Arts, Soccer, TennisDance, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
dance, drama, soccer
- Outstanding Montessori curriculum
- Small classes
- Caring, experienced faculty
- EPA designated Green School
- Award-winning Rain Garden
- Expansive gym, libary, music and science rooms
- Creative science and art summer camp
- Convenient location to Silver Spring, Kensignton and Wheaton
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1089 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-8260 3.7 PK-12
At Evergreen, we believe that first years of life are the most important. There is no time when a person experiences more cognitive, social and emotional growth. Not only are children developing the intellectual skills they need for academic success, they are developing the patterns of independence, confidence and a relationship to the world that will forever influence who they are. See our website to learn more about us and why the Montessori approach is so effective at Evergreen School. You are welcome to schedule a visit, too. Regards, John DeMarchi, Head of School
- Posted by Administrator - jdema
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.