Fall River Deaconess Home School
- At the Fall River Deaconess Home, the educational curriculum for each grade is developed in accordance with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- Goals and Objectives derived from the Frameworks, in various content areas, are specifically supported by the textbooks purchased, thereby, conforming to curriculum standards set forth by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education & Care.
- The Deaconess Home's curriculum complements that of the Fall River Public Schools, thereby, ensuring a successful, planned transition to a less-restrictive, educational setting.
- The goal for each student is to transition, when deemed appropriate, to a public school setting.
- Transitions often begin by the student taking one class, then two, and to ultimately participate in public school on a full-time basis.
- Every student's educational/career plan is supported by their courses at the Deaconess Home.
- The program assists and encourages each young woman to explore whatever her interests are, including vocational training programs, certification programs, high school or college courses of interest, and community resources.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- People that viewed Fall River Deaconess Home School also viewed these schools: East Gate Christian Academy.
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.