First Avenue KinderCare
Tel: (253) 927-5051
- Our team of teachers are amazing! Each and every one are dedicated to giving children the best start in life.
- We hire only those individuals with a passion for early childhood education and understanding of child development. Our teachers love what they do and it shows!.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At First Avenue KinderCare Learning Center we are passionate about
We believe and practice the "Whole Child" approach to early learning. We focus on all areas of development, and all curriculum is designed around the 6 Early Learning Domains:
1.Cognitive Development- This is linked to children's ability to acquire knowledge by thinking about,coming to understand,and interacting with the world around them.
2.Creative expression- This addresses children's interests in the arts and their desire and ability to express themselves creatively.
3.Executive Function- Focuses on the development of self-regulation,attention and persistence,as well as general dispostitions toward learning.
4.Language and Literacy Development- Involves children's abilities to convey their ideas,thoughts,and feelings through speaking and writing,as well as their ability to demonstrate early reading skills.
5.Pyhsical Development and Wellness- Involves large and small muscle skills,movement concepts,strength and stamina,and awareness,attitudes,and knowledge needed to live a healthy lifestyle.
6.Social and Emotional development- Has to do with children's ability to express and regulate their feelings and develop relationships with others.
Children learn through play, it is the "work" of children. They learn and grow from everything they see, touch or hear, and the best part of all is they are having fun doing it! It is our job to set up our environment to make the most of that.
*We have a delicious/nutritious menu that is geared towards feeding growing bodies and minds.
* We have beautiful outdoor areas to see and explore. *We have an excellent School Age program that focuses on homework, activities to challenge the minds of older children and just plain fun.
*We have summer/spring camps to keep the kids busy and engaged during the times when elementary school is out.
Call us anytime to book a tour of our school!
- We place huge importance on Health and Safety at our center.
* We have a keypad entry. Only those with the code can gain access to the building.
* All exterior doors are locked at all times.
*All staff members are current on CPR and First Aid.
*All playgrounds are completely fenced and our Health and Safety Coordinator does daily checks of the playground before the children are allowed onto it.
*We do monthly disaster and fire drills.
Ms. Christina our Health and Safety coordinator takes her job very seriously and is always on alert. She keeps us safe!
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Arabic, German, Spanish
- Center works with subsidy programs. ***CENTER DIRECTOR PREFERS TO DISCUSS SUBSIDY PROGRAMS WITH PARENT ON TOUR***
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to First Avenue KinderCare is Life Academy Of Puget Sound (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Federal Way Grades: PK-12 | 55 students
414 SW 312th Street
Federal Way, WA 98023
(253) 839-7378 0.8 PK-12
- Federal Way Grades: NS-K | 122 students
515 S 312th St
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253) 941-3000 0.8 NS-K
- Federal Way Grades: NS-PK | 23 students
33504 13th Pl S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253) 874-2822 1.1 NS-PK
- Auburn Grades: PK-K | 53 students
31015 Military Rd S
Auburn, WA 98001
(253) 839-7864 1.2 PK-K
- Federal Way Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253) 839-3532 1.2 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?