First Avenue KinderCare
Our team of teachers are amazing! Each and every one are dedicated to giving children the best start in life.
We hire only those individuals with a passion for early childhood education and understanding of child development. Our teachers love what they do and it shows!.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At First Avenue KinderCare Learning Center we are passionate about
We believe and practice the "Whole Child" approach to early learning. We focus on all areas of development, and all curriculum is designed around the 6 Early Learning Domains:
1.Cognitive Development- This is linked to children's ability to acquire knowledge by thinking about,coming to understand,and interacting with the world around them.
2.Creative expression- This addresses children's interests in the arts and their desire and ability to express themselves creatively.
3.Executive Function- Focuses on the development of self-regulation,attention and persistence,as well as general dispostitions toward learning.
4.Language and Literacy Development- Involves children's abilities to convey their ideas,thoughts,and feelings through speaking and writing,as well as their ability to demonstrate early reading skills.
5.Pyhsical Development and Wellness- Involves large and small muscle skills,movement concepts,strength and stamina,and awareness,attitudes,and knowledge needed to live a healthy lifestyle.
6.Social and Emotional development- Has to do with children's ability to express and regulate their feelings and develop relationships with others.
Children learn through play, it is the "work" of children. They learn and grow from everything they see, touch or hear, and the best part of all is they are having fun doing it! It is our job to set up our environment to make the most of that.
*We have a delicious/nutritious menu that is geared towards feeding growing bodies and minds.
* We have beautiful outdoor areas to see and explore. *We have an excellent School Age program that focuses on homework, activities to challenge the minds of older children and just plain fun.
*We have summer/spring camps to keep the kids busy and engaged during the times when elementary school is out.
Call us anytime to book a tour of our school!
- We place huge importance on Health and Safety at our center.
* We have a keypad entry. Only those with the code can gain access to the building.
* All exterior doors are locked at all times.
*All staff members are current on CPR and First Aid.
*All playgrounds are completely fenced and our Health and Safety Coordinator does daily checks of the playground before the children are allowed onto it.
*We do monthly disaster and fire drills.
Ms. Christina our Health and Safety coordinator takes her job very seriously and is always on alert. She keeps us safe!
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Arabic, German, Spanish
- Center works with subsidy programs. ***CENTER DIRECTOR PREFERS TO DISCUSS SUBSIDY PROGRAMS WITH PARENT ON TOUR***
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Endorse First Avenue KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.