First Colony Montessori
- First Colony Montessori is closely to the Montessori Method. This method was developed by Italian educator, Dr. Maria Montessori, in the early twentieth century.
- The Method is built upon the idea that children develop and think differently than adults, and that they are competent beings, capable of self-directed learning.
- To encourage this capability, Dr. Montessori developed and refined numerous objects and tools that facilitate every phase of development, from motor skills to concrete knowledge to abstraction.
- Language, mathematics, spatial learning, self-discovery, music and art - they're all incorporated into the Montessori approach.
- We encourage children to work at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere, to gain an understanding of themselves and develop a sensitivity to others.
- Children may work alone or in groups, all in an atmosphere of courtesy and respect.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Missouri City Grades: K-5 | 38 students
4743 Lexington Blvd
Missouri City, TX 77459
(281)208-9545 1.1 K-5
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-K | 83 students
2511 Williams Trace Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)980-6100 0.6 PK-K
- Sugar Land Grades: NS-K
Suite #111 9722 U.s. Highway 90a
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)491-0313 2.4 NS-K
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-6 | 101 students
4225 Elkins Road
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)980-4123 2.5 PK-6
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.