The WIDE School
- WIDE School is accredited by the National Private Schools Accreditation Group and has a partnership with AltSchool.
- WIDE School is a project based private school, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach.
- WIDE offers an infant/toddler program, preschool, bridge to kinder program, elementary, middle and soon high school.
The WIDE School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Maryam Lumpkin|
- Alongside traditional academics, children attend specialty classes to support their understanding of core academics such as cooking, ceramics, art, music, technology, foreign language, chess and sewing. An afterschool and summer program is available for children to attend clubs such as TEDEd Student Talks, private art classes, foreign language, 4H, Girl Scouts, and project based experiences.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-K | 105 students
4502 Austin Pkwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479 0.6 PK-K
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-K | 220 students
4605 Austin Parkway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)565-2707 0.6 PK-K
- Sugar Land Grades: NS-PK | 74 students
2229 Settlers Way Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)980-9744 1 NS-PK
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.