First Colony Montessori South
- We believe education should be about more than memorization, repetition and standardized tests.
- We offer a completely different approach, featuring a unique, open environment that emphasizes your child's natural interests and allows your child to set his or her own developmental pace.
- That's the Montessori philosophy. The Montessori education journey all began with Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Through scientific observations, she determined that children learn best when learning at their own pace and given the choice of his or her own activities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Casual, comfortable with closed toe shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Gloria Huddleston|
|Admissions Associate||Puja Patel|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Classes, Music & Piano, Puter Bugs (Computer Classes), Spanish, Zumba Fitness
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Soccer Shots, TOTS (Basketball)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sugar Land Grades: NS-PK | 74 students
2229 Settlers Way Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)980-9744 0.6 NS-PK
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-6 | 70 students
4225 Elkins Road
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)980-4123 1.9 PK-6
- Sugar Land Grades: PK-K | 39 students
16103 Lexington Blvd A
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)998-0002 0.8 PK-K
- Missouri City Grades: PK-6 | 133 students
4743 Lexington Blvd
Missouri City, TX 77459
(281)208-9545 1.7 PK-6
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.