First Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (818) 244-7319
- At First Lutheran Christian School & Arts our vision is to raise Christian Kids of Culture.
- We engage our students in a quality Christ-centered education that equips, challenges, and prepares them to reach their highest potential spiritually, academically, socially, and physically.
- Our dedicated teachers prepare our students to excel academically and be strong in Christian character.
- In addition to a safe learning environment, we provide several types of arts in order to develop the whole child. Our classes are kept small, so that each child receives an individual education.
- Whether that means challenging the gifted, or supporting those that need special attention, at First Lutheran our students become dream makers and world changers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Instruments, Musical Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Hip-Hop/Dance, Karate, Soccer
- Core Curriculum and beyond
- Honors and Student Councl
- Foreign language classes in Spanish and Armenian
- Art, Music Theory, Theater and Christian Education
- Computer Lab
- State Testing
- Field Trips
- Service Learning
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 76 students
225 S Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 244-4567 0.2 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-K | 165 students
1200 Carlton Dr
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 240-7030 0.2 PK-K
- Glendale Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
234 N Isabel Street
Glendale, CA 91206
(818) 241-9353 0.8 PK-1
- Glendale Grades: 9-12 | 123 students
400 E Lomita Ave
Glendale, CA 91205
(818) 241-3178 0.8 9-12
What a hidden gem of a school! I sent my two children there for 2 years (1/2 grader and 3/4 grader). Unfortunately we moved out of Los Angeles so we no longer attend, and I haven't found a school like this since. The teachers are truly caring and love the students (and the students love them back!). The academics were outstanding and so superior to the other schools (which is the most imprtant factor for me). There was lots of opportunity for enrichment, especially with music and art. You really can't ask for more in a school than this. The campus seems like it's in a less than desirable location, but once you are inside there is a courtyard and mature trees and a safe haven in the city. My son and daughter loved this school and miss it, and I miss it as a mom. If you are considering this school- don't hesitate! I would give anythign to be back there again! :) It's everything that school should be.
- Posted by Parent - somme
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.