First Presbyterian Academy
First Presbyterian Academy Photo #2 - Our teachers are dedicated to a loving, Christ-centered environment.
- IGNITE...INFUSE...IMPACT The school IGNITES a passion for learning and INFUSES God's Word as a lens to view all aspects of t...he world so our students may grow to IMPACT the community and world beyond.
- The Academy is in the heart of downtown Greenville, and it serves families in the Upstate of South Carolina.
- Our learning environment is designed to develop the whole child by offering opportunities for each student to grow academically, spiritually, and socially.
- As an evangelical school, the Academy is open to all students regardless of their religious background.
- All teachers are dedicated, Christian professionals who seek to model a biblical, Christian life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform Required in Elementary and Middle School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is dependent upon age and number of days per week child is in attendance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joanna Reese|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bricks 4 Kidz, Chess Club, Computer Club, Cooking Clubs, Fishing Club, Horseback riding, Junior Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Happy Feet Soccer, Tennis
- Small class sizes
- Biblical world view for all subjects
- Academically Challenging Program
- Dedicated Teachers
- STEM Lab
- Spanish, Visual Art, Music, P.E., Theatre, Chess, & various other related arts classes
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
207 Mitchell Rd
Greenville, SC 29615
(864)268-2210 4.9 PK-8
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 94 students
3931 White Horse Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(864)269-2760 2.6 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(864)246-1055 5.1 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.