Greenville Classical Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- GCA is a classical Christian school founded in 2004 with over 220 students enrolled in K4 - 12th grade. A list of colleges that GCA graduates have attended includes Anderson University, Bob Jones University, Campbell University, Clemson University, College of Charleston, Furman University, Liberty University, North Greenville University, Patrick Henry College, United States Military Academy West Point, USC- Columbia and University of Southern California.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, Language-based, and Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1182|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or Navy bottoms and white, navy or burgandy tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / May. 31|
|Tuition Notes||2-day K4 $2289 3-day K4 $3434 K5 $5618 1st-5th $8400 6th-8th $8642 9th-12th $6000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer McDonald|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
House System, Yearbook
- We are Greenville Classical Academy. We are classical, educating our students using a three-stage liberal arts curriculum compelling our students to develop a well-trained mind.We are Christian, educating our students to glorify God by integrating their faith with education.We are committed, educating our students to maximize their God-given abilities and talents equipping them for life.Greenville Classical Academy offers a Christ-centered education for grades K4-12 that exists to assist Christian parents in the Greenville, SC area in their duty to train their children by providing academic instruction for their children that is distinctly Christ-centered, classical, and biblical. The Upper School is a University-Model School in which students in 7th - 12th grades may enroll full-time using a college-style schedule or take individual courses as a homeschooled student.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simpsonville Grades: NS-12 | 1063 students
2211 Woodruff Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29681
(864)234-7595 1.1 NS-12
- Simpsonville Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
1101 Jonesville rd
Simpsonville, SC 29681
(864)228-1881 3.4 NS-8
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 83 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(864)246-1055 14.5 PK-12
I have attended GCA for nearly 11 years now, and it's truly a part of me. Now in tenth grade, I joined GCA in its first year, and have been able to watch it grow and expand as I grow in stature in knowledge. Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." At the heart of it, this is what I feel to be the true goal of GCA--to prepare their students for college, the workforce, and, most importantly, life everlasting. Greenville Classical has taught me many things over the years, through both the people and material. They have taught me to think critically, be diligent, and serve my Lord, with plenty of inside jokes, fun events, and memorable experiences along the way. I thank God (and I''m sure my parents do as well) for placing me at Greenville Classical Academy. I will never forget the times I had there, the lessons learned, or the friends I made along the way.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - faith
Love GCA! Besides giving my children the learning tools needed to succeed in life, GCA integrates the subject matter beyond the classroom walls. Putting their knowledge into action with the tools learned creates confidence when introduced to a new situation. I am so thankful for GCA teaching not only knowledge, but also teaching application within a Christian environment. If you are seeking a school that treats each child as their own, then you have found your school, Greenville Classical Academy!
- Posted by Parent - redch
GCA provides a wonderful classical education with God in the center of all subjects! My children have attended this school for 3 years now and we LOVE it. The teachers are more like family and give children the personal attention they need to succeed. The principal and the other staff are also wonderful. It really is a hidden gem in the Greenville area. I would encourage any one who is interested in a classical, Christian education for your K4-12th grader to attend one of our many open houses. You may find the dates for those at www.greenvilleclassical.com.
- Posted by Parent - cryst
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.