Hampton Park Christian School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call for info on our resource program|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Average ACT score||24|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade. Contact office for details.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Choir, Concert Band, SCACS Fine Arts Competition, Speech Competition
- Hampton Park Christian School (HPCS) was established in August 1970 as a ministry of Hampton Park Baptist Church of Greenville, SC. HPCS is a private, nonprofit Christian school that offers K4 through grade 12. The first graduating class was in 1979. Current student population is over 450 students.
- Located in the foothills of Paris Mountain in northern Greenville County on an impressive 30-acre campus, HPCS has earned a reputation for quality Christian education in the community.
- The mission of the school is to educate Christian young people to meet their fullest potential spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. HPCS is dedicated to providing high quality, Bible-based instruction, encouraging personal development, promoting godly living, and preparing students for future success in college, work, and ministry. Faculty are certified, dedicated to teaching young people, and take their role as partner with parents seriously.
- HPCS admits students of any race, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded to students at the school. The school administrator holds a doctorate in education from an accredited university, and more than one-third of classroom teachers have a master`s degree in their specialization. The school year is 180 days, and the school day is 6.5 hours duration.
- Conventional and blended classroom instruction is offered at all levels. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) is calculated for academic subjects on the basis of grades earned in grades 9-12. Class rank is derived directly from the GPA using the South Carolina Uniform Grading Scale.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Taylors Grades: NS-12 | 33 students
110 Old Rutherford Rd
Taylors, SC 29687
(864) 877-8061 5 NS-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 90 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611
(684) 246-1055 4.8 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 1189 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
(864) 770-1395 3.5 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
207 Mitchell Rd
Greenville, SC 29615
(864) 268-2210 4.6 PK-8
I researched several Christian schools for my daughter this past year. I wanted a school with high academic ratings, gifted teachers, and a Biblically based curriculum, but the most important criterion for me, was that my daughter be surrounded by genuinely Godly people. Dr. Priest, Mrs. Murr, Mrs. Shoemake, of the administration staff, along with teachers, Miss Shaw, Mrs. Wynn. Mr. Lehman, Mr. Thompson, and Mrs. Rivera, to name a few, are those such people. All parents want their children to succeed in whatever career path they may choose, but the most defining trait of a person is their character, their core values and beliefs, which are based in faith. These administrators and teachers share God's message of grace by encouraging integrity, Godly principles, and critical thinking, all while pursuing God's best for their students. Hampton Park Christian School is a wonderful blessing to both students and parents!
- Posted by Parent - Susan M.
Woukd like info for 8th grader. AND cost please
- Posted by Parent - Debbi
HPCS is truly a wonderful school. My children are thriving here! The teachers really care, the facilities are top-notch, and I couldn't be happier with the atmosphere. If you're looking for a school with strict rules and over-reaching expectations, this is not your place. However, if you're looking for a school that cares about the hearts of students, then you should at least stop by campus and check it out for yourself.
- Posted by Parent - gearh