Southside Christian School
- Southside Christian School (SCS) is a coeducational, independent Christian school serving students 12 months through 12th grade.
- SCS offers a rigorous college preparatory education including Advanced Placement and honors courses.
- At SCS, our academic, artistic, and athletic excellence is a direct result of our biblical focus. Southside Christian School is not just an entry point to a great college; SCS is an entry point to a great life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||1063 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, Studio Art, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1201|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For detailed information on tuition and dress code requirements, please visit http://www.southsidechristian.org/admissions-2/tuition-fees/|
|Admissions Director||Susan Dunlap|
|Admissions Associate||Abby Watson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Quiz Team, National Forensics League, Youth In Government|
Club or Organization:
Beta Club, Bible Quiz Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
- Class of 2013 SAT/ACT top quartile scores: SAT Critical Reading - 696; SAT Math - 713; SAT Writing - 649; ACT - 30.3
- 2007 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Comprehensive Fine Arts Program
- Over 30 Athletic Teams participating in 20 different sports - 75% of the Upper School student body participates in athletics.
- AP, Honors, and Dual-enrollment programs
- 11 Music performance groups
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 1187 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
(864)770-1395 8.2 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
207 Mitchell Rd
Greenville, SC 29615
(864)268-2210 5 PK-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.