Southside Christian School
- Southside Christian School (SCS) is a coeducational, independent Christian school serving students 12 months through 12th grade.
- SCS offers a rigorous college preparatory education including Advanced Placement and honors courses.
- At SCS, our academic, artistic, and athletic excellence is a direct result of our biblical focus. Southside Christian School is not just an entry point to a great college; SCS is an entry point to a great life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||1063 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, Studio Art, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1201|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For detailed information on tuition and dress code requirements, please visit http://www.southsidechristian.org/admissions-2/tuition-fees/|
|Admissions Director||Susan Dunlap|
|Admissions Associate||Abby Watson|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Quiz Team, National Forensics League, Youth In Government|
Club or Organization:
Beta Club, Bible Quiz Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
- Class of 2013 SAT/ACT top quartile scores: SAT Critical Reading - 696; SAT Math - 713; SAT Writing - 649; ACT - 30.3
- 2007 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Comprehensive Fine Arts Program
- Over 30 Athletic Teams participating in 20 different sports - 75% of the Upper School student body participates in athletics.
- AP, Honors, and Dual-enrollment programs
- 11 Music performance groups
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 1145 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
(864)770-1395 8.2 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-8 | 360 students
207 Mitchell Rd
Greenville, SC 29615
(864)268-2210 5 PK-8
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.