Five Acres School
- The Five Acres School was founded in 1981 as a Non-Public School (NPS) program.
- We offer highly specialized instruction to students grades K-10 eligible for Special Education Services in the areas of Emotional Disturbance, Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Mild Mental Retardation and High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- We also have a 50-day summer school program. Our program can be accessed through a recommendation on an IEP or through private pay with or without Special Education eligibility. Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-Acres-Therapeutic-School/201293099894972.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Danielle LePon Ryckman|
|Admissions Associate||Monique Baca-Geary|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: 5-12 | 145 students
11801 Mississippi Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- San DimasGrades: 1-12 | 164 students
762 Cypress St
San Dimas, CA 91773
- South PasadenaGrades: K-12 | 147 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
- MonroviaGrades: K-12 | 294 students
2640 S Myrtle Ave
Monrovia, CA 91016
- La PalmaGrades: 2-12 | 38 students
24 Centerpointe Dr
La Palma, CA 90623
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.