Five Acres School
Tel: (626)798-6793 Ext. 2315
- The Five Acres School was founded in 1981 as a Non-Public School (NPS) program.
- We offer highly specialized instruction to students grades K-10 eligible for Special Education Services in the areas of Emotional Disturbance, Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Mild Mental Retardation and High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- We also have a 50-day summer school program. Our program can be accessed through a recommendation on an IEP or through private pay with or without Special Education eligibility. Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-Acres-Therapeutic-School/201293099894972.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Danielle LePon Ryckman|
|Admissions Associate||Monique Baca-Geary|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 4.3 1-12
- South Pasadena Grades: NS-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 5.3 NS-12
- La Crescenta Grades: 1-12 | 18 students
2506 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818)236-3603 4.3 1-12
- La Palma Grades: 2-12 | 38 students
24 Centerpointe Dr
La Palma, CA 90623
(714)288-4200 24 2-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.