Florence Christian School
- Florence Christian School was established in 1972 as a ministry of Florence Baptist Temple.
- The school exists to assist your family in training your children intellectually, physically, spiritually, and socially toward maturity and responsible independence.
- Our curriculum is grounded with bibilical intergration in all areas of study.
- We are a college prep school. We view our school as an adjunct to the home and church.
- We strive to keep a warm, spiritual atmosphere of traditional, Christian values with a solid academic foundation.
- Our key purpose is to assist the family in helping children develop a biblical worldview that will carry them throughout life.
- The school consists of Child Development, Kindergarten, Elementary, Junior and Senior High levels (3 years of age through the twelfth grade).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||624 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sandy Bryant|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 306 students
1015 S Ebenezer Rd
Florence, SC 29501
(843)661-7464 5.3 PK-12
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 281 students
2624 W Palmetto St
Florence, SC 29501
(843)665-6395 3.8 PK-12
- Kingstree Grades: NS-12 | 416 students
1000 Sandy Bay Rd
Kingstree, SC 29556
(843)355-6539 35 NS-12
My son is a senior at Florence Christian School (FCS) and has attended the school since 4K. We initially learned about FCS because we had a family that attended Florence Christian School and we were impressed with what we saw. We wanted our son to have an excellent education while being in a Christian environment. We also liked the fact that the school is large enough for sports teams and class sizes sufficient that kids learn social skills. We have been delighted with our experience throughout our son's time at Florence Christian School. We are impressed with the education he received and feel that the school has prepared him well for college and life. We are also pleased with the values that the school has instilled and reinforced. We cannot say enough good things about the school, and we highly recommend Florence Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Dean Banks
FCS maintains a strong academic curriculum that incorporates Christian values. High school students take AP Biology, Calculus, or enroll in dual credit classes. They encourage all students to take part in extracurricular activities. The sports program is defined by hard work and Christian character. I can not say enough about the positive environment at FCS. Just schedule a tour and check it out.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa Smith
My husband was in the first graduating class at FCS and our two children are both alumni. Through the years we have seen the school grow and develop into a place where children are educated to develop a biblical worldview as well as critical thinking skills. The school strives to support families from preschool through high school. The cost compared to other institutions is reasonable and the family atmosphere is very inviting. The school has a sports program for both male and female, fine arts and additional activities.
- Posted by Parent - Sandra K. Bryant