Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 105 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Children in our Toddler* (2's) Program are exposed to a rich Jewish learning environment. They will begin to develop communication, social, physical and problem-solving skills through a play-based learning experience. Sign up options include 9-12 for 3 or 5 days a week. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 5pm except for Fridays where aftercare ends at 2pm. The children staying past 12pm eat lunch, nap, have an afternoon snack, and continue to participate in exploratory activities that use all their senses to experience the world. Children in our 2s program receive priority seating in our 3K program.
- We are a Department of Education approved free 3K and Pre-K for All program, and both programs are based on DOE approved curricula. Our 3K Program provides and environment for children to explore their world, gain a sense of independence, play with peers and build self-confidence. The 3K program runs from 8:40am-3:00pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:20am-2:40pm on Fridays. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Lunch is included. Registration for 3K takes place through the DOE website. Children in our 3's program receive priority seating in our Pre-K for All program.
- In Pre-K, focus is placed on helping your child continue to develop their physical, social, emotional, language and literacy, math and cognitive skills. The PKA program runs from 9:20am-3:40pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:25am-2:45pm on Fridays. Registration for PKA takes place through the DOE website. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am for children enrolled in our Judaic wrap-around program, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Lunch is included.
- In conjunction with our 3K and Pre-K program, we offer an optional Judaic wrap-around component that provides Jewish education for your child prior to the start of the day. Parshah, holidays, music, stories and projects are all incorporated throughout the year. Hours for our wrap program in 3K are 8am-8:40am Monday - Thursday, and in PreK from 8:20am-9:20am Monday-Thursday, and 8am-8:25am on Friday.
- *At least one parent must be Jewish to enroll in our Toddler program.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program?
The application deadline for Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards