Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program
Active learning is the cornerstone to the educational approach of the FHJC Toddler Program, Free 3K and Pre-K for All, and our Stay & Play Program.
Children participate in exploratory activities that use all their senses to experience their world.
We provide a complete, well-balanced, general education. We also offer a rich Judaic curriculum for children in our Toddler class, and 3's and 4's optional Judaic Wrap Program.
Our educational methods encourage children to become confident, independent, responsible and creative thinkers. Language arts, science, music and math curriculum give our children a solid foundation for moving forward. Children are exposed to pre-reading activities on a daily basis.
Equally important as active learning is the development of interpersonal skills that helps ensure the productive years of learning that will lie ahead.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 81 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Children in our Toddler* (2's) Program are exposed to a rich Jewish learning environment. They will begin to develop communication, social, physical and problem-solving skills through a play-based learning experience. Sign up options include 9-12 for 3 or 5 days a week. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 5pm except for Fridays where aftercare ends at 2pm. The children staying past 12pm eat lunch, nap, have an afternoon snack, and continue to participate in exploratory activities that use all their senses to experience the world.
- We are a Department of Education approved free 3K and Pre-K for All program, and both programs are based on DOE approved curricula. Our 3K Program provides and environment for children to explore their world, gain a sense of independence, play with peers and build self-confidence. The 3K program runs from 8:40am-3:00pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:20am-2:40pm on Fridays. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Lunch is included. Registration for 3K takes place through the DOE website. Children in our 3's program receive priority seating in our Pre-K for All program.
- In Pre-K, focus is placed on helping your child continue to develop their physical, social, emotional, language and literacy, math and cognitive skills. The PKA program runs from 9:20am-3:40pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:25am-2:45pm on Fridays. Registration for PKA takes place through the DOE website from February-mid March. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am for children enrolled in our Judaic wrap-around program, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Lunch is included.
- In conjunction with our 3K and Pre-K program, we offer an optional Judaic wrap-around component that provides Jewish education for your child prior to the start of the day. Parshah, holidays, music, stories and projects are all incorporated throughout the year. Hours for our wrap program in 3K are 8am-8:40am Tuesday and Thursday, and in PreK from 8:20am-9:20am Monday-Thursday, and 8am-8:25am on Friday.
- *At least one parent must be Jewish to enroll in our Toddler program.
Profile last updated: 08/03/2021
Endorse Forest Hills Jewish Center Early Childhood Program. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.