Foundations Christian Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (941) 907-7078
Foundations Christian Montessori Academy Photo #2 - Located on a 50+ acre campus, our current programs occupy over 35,000 square feet of dedicated educational space including: learning environments, auditorium, science lab, music room, art room, dance studio, and kitchen. Our beautiful campus also includes a competitive playing field and graduated skill level playground to accommodate all students.
Foundations Christian Montessori Academy is a private, non-public school serving students ages 12 months through 9th grade. At Foundations, we recognize that each child is a unique gift from God, and are committed to showing God's love through kind words, deeds, and example. Our approach to education allows for a synergistic learning environment where students experience opportunities to explore with their hands, challenge their minds, and inspire their hearts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Montessori Council (IMC)|
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms - polos and khaki bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies on program|
|Admissions Director||Heather Angersoll|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Art Club, Culinary Club, Gardening, Soccer Shots, Spanish Club, STEAM Club, Theater Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
Bells Choir, Music, Vocal Honors Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross Country Running, Soccer
- ENGAGE CHALLENGE INSPIRE
- Our educators provide the fundamental building blocks upon which the child can excel. They understand each plane of development and create a tailored environment to meet the needs of each student. Our unique approach to learning yields a caring community whose students love to explore, feel safe, take risks, and challenge themselves to new achievement levels so they are well prepared for future endeavors.
- In our toddler program (ages 12 -35 months), children experience cognitive and development through unhurried, hands-on activities. When children are allowed to learn at their natural pace, they progress by leaps and bounds. Toddlers are guided by an adult sensitive to their needs. When children are left free to explore, they gain self-confidence and self-discipline, creating a strong foundation for future learning.
- In our primary program (ages 3-6), students pass through the door entering a model, kid-sized community, that is focused on the needs of the children. The learning environments are child-centric. In a multi-aged environment, nature, and nurture work hand in hand. Children learn from one another and in turn teach one another, thus attaining mastery of their own development.
- In our elementary programs (Grades 1st - 6th), students discover their own pace of learning and challenge themselves in small group lessons tailored to align with their individual interests and needs. They can access curriculum beyond their grade level. Concrete explorations lay the foundation for abstract learning. Each year, students take on greater responsibilities and independence, discovering new opportunities for leadership and time management.
- In our junior high school program (grades 7th - 9th), students take on increasing levels of leadership, responsibility, and independence. They build academic, social, and emotional skills, and develop character essential to meet the challenges of high school. This small, engaging community allows students to feel safe to explore their interests and establish learning habits and confidence that will serve them well in life.
- Building community is an intricate part of our school culture. We offer many opportunities throughout the year for students and their families to enjoy events that emphasize building relationships and connections outside of the classroom in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
- At Foundations, a solid Christian education places all academic subjects into proper context thus helping the student to better understand the world and the work God has given to humans in it. The student realizes that all learning is preparation to take one's place in the world thus fulfilling the plans and purpose of God.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Grades: K-12 | 45 students
1087 Beneva Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232
(941) 373-0089 4 K-12
- Bradenton Grades: K-6 | 30 students
2520 43rd St W
Bradenton, FL 34209
(941) 794-3143 9.8 K-6
This is a fantastic, rich learning environment. My three children have been in attendance for the past two years. They are thriving and very happy. They have made tremendous academic gains as indicated on the twice yearly MAP testing. The social environment is one of the healthiest I've seen! Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
All three of our children go to Foundations. Our oldest is now in the 2nd grade and she has really blossomed! She's been reading several years above her grade level and excelling at math and science as well. Our boys are 4 and 2 and they have been progressing through the system based on their levels and both have been ready to explore the next levels earlier. They have not been held back. On top of that the environment and community rallies around the school to create a very caring and nurturing environment for our children. I can't imagine them being anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - Matt
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.