Fox Valley Montessori School
- Fox Valley Montessori School is peaceful community that fosters a child's personal growth, life long love of learning and academic excellence.
- Our objective is to provide carefully planned stimulating environments which help children develop essential habits, attitudes, skills and ideas for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- Maria Montessori's philosophy of following the growing needs of each individual child, gives children the freedom to experiment and learn in a "prepared environment" at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- This allows the physical, intellectual, emotional and social potential of each child to unfold.
- The core of Dr. Montessori's philosophy states that as children acquire an "inner discipline" from their exposure to both physical and mental order, they become free to learn - the natural impulse to learn is self-motivation of the child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts|
- Fox Valley Montessori offers educational opportunities as follows: Parent/Infant Program, Toddler Program (18 months - 3), Primary Program (ages 3-6), Full Day Kindergarten Program, and Elementary Program (1st - 6th Grade. In keeping with Maria Montessori's theories on child development, Fox Valley Montessori adheres to the following basic tenents of the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy: Multi-aged Grouping in the classrooms, Certified Montessori Teachers, Teacher as a Guide, Prepared Environment, Freedom to Make Choices, Self-Correcting Materials, Observations and Assessments of Each Child, Grace and Courtesy, Uninterrupted Work Cycle, and Peace Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: PK-K | 110 students
3180 N Aurora Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
(630)898-4346 5.4 PK-K
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.