Fox Valley Montessori School
- Fox Valley Montessori School is peaceful community that fosters a child's personal growth, life long love of learning and academic excellence.
- Our objective is to provide carefully planned stimulating environments which help children develop essential habits, attitudes, skills and ideas for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- Maria Montessori's philosophy of following the growing needs of each individual child, gives children the freedom to experiment and learn in a "prepared environment" at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- This allows the physical, intellectual, emotional and social potential of each child to unfold.
- The core of Dr. Montessori's philosophy states that as children acquire an "inner discipline" from their exposure to both physical and mental order, they become free to learn - the natural impulse to learn is self-motivation of the child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts|
- Fox Valley Montessori offers educational opportunities as follows: Parent/Infant Program, Toddler Program (18 months - 3), Primary Program (ages 3-6), Full Day Kindergarten Program, and Elementary Program (1st - 6th Grade. In keeping with Maria Montessori's theories on child development, Fox Valley Montessori adheres to the following basic tenents of the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy: Multi-aged Grouping in the classrooms, Certified Montessori Teachers, Teacher as a Guide, Prepared Environment, Freedom to Make Choices, Self-Correcting Materials, Observations and Assessments of Each Child, Grace and Courtesy, Uninterrupted Work Cycle, and Peace Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: PK-K | 110 students
3180 N Aurora Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
(630)898-4346 5.4 PK-K
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.