Fox Valley Montessori School
- Fox Valley Montessori School is peaceful community that fosters a child's personal growth, life long love of learning and academic excellence.
- Our objective is to provide carefully planned stimulating environments which help children develop essential habits, attitudes, skills and ideas for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- Maria Montessori's philosophy of following the growing needs of each individual child, gives children the freedom to experiment and learn in a "prepared environment" at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- This allows the physical, intellectual, emotional and social potential of each child to unfold.
- The core of Dr. Montessori's philosophy states that as children acquire an "inner discipline" from their exposure to both physical and mental order, they become free to learn - the natural impulse to learn is self-motivation of the child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts,|
- Fox Valley Montessori offers educational opportunities as follows: Parent/Infant Program, Toddler Program (18 months - 3), Primary Program (ages 3-6), Full Day Kindergarten Program, and Elementary Program (1st - 6th Grade. In keeping with Maria Montessori's theories on child development, Fox Valley Montessori adheres to the following basic tenents of the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy: Multi-aged Grouping in the classrooms, Certified Montessori Teachers, Teacher as a Guide, Prepared Environment, Freedom to Make Choices, Self-Correcting Materials, Observations and Assessments of Each Child, Grace and Courtesy, Uninterrupted Work Cycle, and Peace Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AuroraGrades: NS-3 | 77 students
2300 Montgomery Rd
Aurora, IL 60504
- AuroraGrades: PK-8 | 544 students
720 Kensington Pl
Aurora, IL 60506
- BataviaGrades: PK-8 | 75 students
595 S River St
Batavia, IL 60510
- NapervilleGrades: NS-K | 114 students
2936 Artesian Road
Naperville, IL 60564
- AuroraGrades: PK-K | 130 students
3180 N Aurora Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.