- Fox Valley Montessori School is peaceful community that fosters a child's personal growth, life long love of learning and academic excellence.
- Our objective is to provide carefully planned stimulating environments which help children develop essential habits, attitudes, skills and ideas for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
- Maria Montessori's philosophy of following the growing needs of each individual child, gives children the freedom to experiment and learn in a "prepared environment" at their own pace in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- This allows the physical, intellectual, emotional and social potential of each child to unfold.
- The core of Dr. Montessori's philosophy states that as children acquire an "inner discipline" from their exposure to both physical and mental order, they become free to learn - the natural impulse to learn is self-motivation of the child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts Art, Chess, Dance, Martial Arts,|
- Fox Valley Montessori offers educational opportunities as follows: Parent/Infant Program, Toddler Program (18 months - 3), Primary Program (ages 3-6), Full Day Kindergarten Program, and Elementary Program (1st - 6th Grade. In keeping with Maria Montessori's theories on child development, Fox Valley Montessori adheres to the following basic tenents of the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy: Multi-aged Grouping in the classrooms, Certified Montessori Teachers, Teacher as a Guide, Prepared Environment, Freedom to Make Choices, Self-Correcting Materials, Observations and Assessments of Each Child, Grace and Courtesy, Uninterrupted Work Cycle, and Peace Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AuroraGrades: NS-3 | 77 students
2300 Montgomery Rd
Aurora, IL 60504
NapervilleGrades: NS-K | 114 students
2936 Artesian Road
Naperville, IL 60564
AuroraGrades: PK-K | 130 students
3180 N Aurora Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
AuroraGrades: PK-12 | 645 students
2255 Sullivan Road
Aurora, IL 60506
AuroraGrades: PK-8 | 544 students
720 Kensington Pl
Aurora, IL 60506
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.