French-american School Of Rhode Island
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 31 / rolling
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
AP French prep, Arabic for children & adults, Dance, Fencing, Ice Skating, Music, Robotics, Swimming, Theatre
- The French-American School of RI (FASRI) is an independent school offering grades from Pre-school through grade 8, accredited by the French Government and the Rhode Island Board of Education. FASRI was founded in 1994.We are a French School with an immersion and dual language program: FASRI has two languages embedded in one curriculum. Our French immersion program runs from Pre-school through Kindergarten, and the dual language program from grades 1 through 8. We welcome non-French speaking children up to and including Kindergarten.FASRI adheres to the rigorous requirements of the French Ministry of Education and the highest standards of American independent schools. We follow the French curriculum guidelines from the Ministere de l'Education Nationale (French Ministry of Education) and the recommendations of the SEF (Board of Education of French schools in the US). Our curriculum and practices are essentially French, but the administration and management of the school are based on best practices of American independent schools, through resources such as the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) andIndependent School Management (ISM).In 2011, Founder and Head of School Dominique Thompson was awarded the French Legion of Honor for her services to education and French language and culture.
Profile last updated: 01/13/2021
Endorse French-american School Of Rhode Island. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.