Friends School is a private, independent, non-sectarian school in Boulder, Colorado has been educating students from preschool through 8th grade since 1987.
Friends School is a supportive, evolving community committed to educating the whole child - mind, body, and spirit - head, hand, and heart.
Our children develop creative expression, social responsibility, and respect for the individual through an experiential process.
We challenge students to realize their full potential and to become joyful, lifelong learners.
Friends School is committed to educating the whole child - head, hand and heart. Students are challenged to reach their potential through experimentation, exploration and direct instruction in an experiential environment which strives for academic excellence, creative expression and social responsibility.
Friends has small multi-age classes with low student/teacher ratios and an active, involved parent community.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 176 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Amazing things are happening at Friends School. We have enjoyed 30 incredible years of educating Boulder`s students, from preschool through 8th grade. Friends values all learners from our earliest students in our play-based preschool, to our elementary students who thrive through experiential learning, up through our middle schoolers who are energized and engaged with a rich integrated curriculum. We are a creative, challenging, safe environment where every student is seen, known, and loved. Small class sizes allow us to know each student fully for who they are, meet them where they are on the learning spectrum, and help them to know themselves and set their own path. Friends students are academically challenged and prepared to enter the world as thoughtful, kind, genuine, self-advocating, confident, and empathetic citizens. A strong balance of rich academic and social emotional curriculum with an emphasis on character development allows our graduates to successfully transition into any high school environment. Our students not only learn the importance of a social emotional education, they actually LIVE it. A Friends School education promises essential foundations for a life of success. Our vision is as clear today as it was 30 years ago: challenging minds, nurturing spirits, honoring individuality. Schedule a tour today to discover the joyful experience of a Friends School education! 303.499.1999, firstname.lastname@example.org
Endorse Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.