- Friends School is a private, independent, non-sectarian school in Boulder, Colorado has been educating students from preschool through 8th grade since 1987.
- Friends School is a supportive, evolving community committed to educating the whole child - mind, body, and spirit - head, hand, and heart.
- Our children develop creative expression, social responsibility, and respect for the individual through an experiential process.
- We challenge students to realize their full potential and to become joyful, lifelong learners.
- Friends School is committed to educating the whole child - head, hand and heart. Students are challenged to reach their potential through experimentation, exploration and direct instruction in an experiential environment which strives for academic excellence, creative expression and social responsibility.
- Friends has small multi-age classes with low student/teacher ratios and an active, involved parent community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Amazing things are happening at Friends School. We have enjoyed 30 incredible years of educating Boulder`s students, from preschool through 8th grade. Friends values all learners from our earliest students in our play-based preschool, to our elementary students who thrive through experiential learning, up through our middle schoolers who are energized and engaged with a rich integrated curriculum. We are a creative, challenging, safe environment where every student is seen, known, and loved. Small class sizes allow us to know each student fully for who they are, meet them where they are on the learning spectrum, and help them to know themselves and set their own path. Friends students are academically challenged and prepared to enter the world as thoughtful, kind, genuine, self-advocating, confident, and empathetic citizens. A strong balance of rich academic and social emotional curriculum with an emphasis on character development allows our graduates to successfully transition into any high school environment. Our students not only learn the importance of a social emotional education, they actually LIVE it. A Friends School education promises essential foundations for a life of success. Our vision is as clear today as it was 30 years ago: challenging minds, nurturing spirits, honoring individuality. Schedule a tour today to discover the joyful experience of a Friends School education! 303.499.1999, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-8 | 173 students
925 Grant Ave
Louisville, CO 80027
(303)666-6220 5.2 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.