Friends School is a private, independent, non-sectarian school in Boulder, Colorado has been educating students from preschool through 8th grade since 1987.
Friends School is a supportive, evolving community committed to educating the whole child - mind, body, and spirit - head, hand, and heart.
Our children develop creative expression, social responsibility, and respect for the individual through an experiential process.
We challenge students to realize their full potential and to become joyful, lifelong learners.
Friends School is committed to educating the whole child - head, hand and heart. Students are challenged to reach their potential through experimentation, exploration and direct instruction in an experiential environment which strives for academic excellence, creative expression and social responsibility.
Friends has small multi-age classes with low student/teacher ratios and an active, involved parent community.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 176 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Amazing things are happening at Friends School. We have enjoyed 30 incredible years of educating Boulder`s students, from preschool through 8th grade. Friends values all learners from our earliest students in our play-based preschool, to our elementary students who thrive through experiential learning, up through our middle schoolers who are energized and engaged with a rich integrated curriculum. We are a creative, challenging, safe environment where every student is seen, known, and loved. Small class sizes allow us to know each student fully for who they are, meet them where they are on the learning spectrum, and help them to know themselves and set their own path. Friends students are academically challenged and prepared to enter the world as thoughtful, kind, genuine, self-advocating, confident, and empathetic citizens. A strong balance of rich academic and social emotional curriculum with an emphasis on character development allows our graduates to successfully transition into any high school environment. Our students not only learn the importance of a social emotional education, they actually LIVE it. A Friends School education promises essential foundations for a life of success. Our vision is as clear today as it was 30 years ago: challenging minds, nurturing spirits, honoring individuality. Schedule a tour today to discover the joyful experience of a Friends School education! 303.499.1999, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Friends School?
The application deadline for Friends School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Friends School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
What Is Praxis?
Praxis is part of the teacher licensing process many states require.
September 30, 2022Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.