Futures Academy - Manhattan Beach
Tel: (866) 402-1699
Futures Academy - Manhattan Beach Photo #2 - Futures Academy high quality academic one-to-one learning program includes social activities and onsite study areas for completing schoolwork assignments.
Futures Academy - Manhattan Beach Photo #4 - At Futures Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
Now Enrolling for Summer! Close the gap on COVID learning loss, remediate a class, or attend a fun summer camp. Check out our on-demand Virtual Info Session to learn more about our exciting summer programs. Sign Up Today.
Futures Academy is an accredited private college-prep school offering 1:1 instruction for grades 6-12. Since 1985, Futures Academy has helped more than 19,000 students achieve educational success with its personalized 1:1 instruction model. At Futures Academy, we believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and a lifelong love of learning.
In response to Covid-19, all classes are currently 100% online with 1:1 instruction in one student, one teacher virtual classrooms.
Open enrollment year-round for full-time and part-time. Choose from more than 170 courses, 32 Honors and 16 AP, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.Futures helps students who struggle in the traditional classroom, such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists.
Flexible scheduling along with Advanced Placement and other rigorous courses allow students who wish to accelerate at their own pace.Courses for credit, course remediation, and course acceleration options.
Futures' Summer School program offers the full course roster along with summer camps focused on STEAM skills, College Admissions and fun Enrichment.
Futures is WASC Accredited and UC, CSU & NCAA Approved.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,400|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||Chanel Grant|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
- Futures Academy is a private, college-prep schools that serves students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Futures teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and engaging way so students retain the information and enjoy the learning process. One-to-one education at Futures Academy allows for more individualized attention, less distractions, improved communication, and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Futures Academy now has 15 campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. The majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hermosa Beach Grades: 7-12 | 50 students
1601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Suite 260
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310) 376-5139 2.5 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 3-12 | 108 students
12101 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 751-1100 6.9 3-12
- Manhattan Beach Grades: PK-6 | 60 students
1700 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 376-1223 1.1 PK-6
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.