Gateway Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- It is the mission of Gateway Christian School, in partnership with Christian parents and strong Bible-believing churches, to help children come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, determining to follow His will for their lives.
- We believe we can best do this by training them spiritually, academically, socially, and physically to grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord according to Biblical truth.
- Spiritual maturity and academic excellence are the main objectives of Gateway Christian school.
- It is the philosophy of GCS that each student who enters our classrooms will be a better student (academically and behaviorally) as they grow in their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
- Virginia BeachGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
1320 Mill Dam Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 701 students
7336 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23505
- Virginia BeachGrades: K-12 | 108 students
821 Baker Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- Virginia BeachGrades: KG-12 | 178 students
817 Kempsville Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
I am a GCA graduate of 2011 and I must say I loved EVERY minute of my education. Many people(parents) are basing their opinion on what their children are saying, news flash folks, kids don't tell the whole story. Yes the school could upgrade and change very minute things, but that's it. I can assure anyone that their child's education AND their child's walk with Christ are the MOST important things to the teachers and administrators, and I can honestly say the faculty care about each and every child and distinguish their specific needs.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bruss
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.