Gateway Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- It is the mission of Gateway Christian School, in partnership with Christian parents and strong Bible-believing churches, to help children come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, determining to follow His will for their lives.
- We believe we can best do this by training them spiritually, academically, socially, and physically to grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord according to Biblical truth.
- Spiritual maturity and academic excellence are the main objectives of Gateway Christian school.
- It is the philosophy of GCS that each student who enters our classrooms will be a better student (academically and behaviorally) as they grow in their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Virginia Beach Grades: K-12 | 108 students
821 Baker Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)497-6200 1.2 K-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: K-12 | 178 students
817 Kempsville Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757)248-9560 2.4 K-12
I am a GCA graduate of 2011 and I must say I loved EVERY minute of my education. Many people(parents) are basing their opinion on what their children are saying, news flash folks, kids don't tell the whole story. Yes the school could upgrade and change very minute things, but that's it. I can assure anyone that their child's education AND their child's walk with Christ are the MOST important things to the teachers and administrators, and I can honestly say the faculty care about each and every child and distinguish their specific needs.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bruss
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.