Gateway Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- It is the mission of Gateway Christian School, in partnership with Christian parents and strong Bible-believing churches, to help children come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, determining to follow His will for their lives.
- We believe we can best do this by training them spiritually, academically, socially, and physically to grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord according to Biblical truth.
- Spiritual maturity and academic excellence are the main objectives of Gateway Christian school.
- It is the philosophy of GCS that each student who enters our classrooms will be a better student (academically and behaviorally) as they grow in their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Grades: PK-12 | 798 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
(757)423-5770 6.7 PK-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: PK-12 | 947 students
1320 Mill Dam Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
(757)481-2446 7.9 PK-12
- Norfolk Grades: PK-12 | 701 students
7336 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23505
(757)480-1495 7.1 PK-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: K-12 | 108 students
821 Baker Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)497-6200 1.2 K-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: KG-12 | 178 students
817 Kempsville Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757)248-9560 2.4 KG-12
I am a GCA graduate of 2011 and I must say I loved EVERY minute of my education. Many people(parents) are basing their opinion on what their children are saying, news flash folks, kids don't tell the whole story. Yes the school could upgrade and change very minute things, but that's it. I can assure anyone that their child's education AND their child's walk with Christ are the MOST important things to the teachers and administrators, and I can honestly say the faculty care about each and every child and distinguish their specific needs.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bruss
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.