St. Gregory The Great School
- Our Mission at Saint Gregory the Great Catholic School is to evangelize the Good News of Jesus Christ in order to transform lives, hearts, and minds through exemplary teaching and learning, worship, faith formation, and discipleship through service. As members of God's diverse family, we treasure the rich traditions of our Roman Catholic faith and welcome all to a spiritual home and to an enlightened, joyful, and vibrant life in Christ.
- The philosophy of St. Gregory the Great School reflects the role of the school within the educational ministry of the Catholic Church.
- We feel called to create an academically challenging environment that prepares our students to embrace their world through lives filled with faith, service, and leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||664 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,709|
|Tuition Notes||$6709 registered Catholics $9132 for non-registered Catholics or non-Catholics|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Amy Driscoll|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Forensics, Lego Club, Mad Science Club, Nature Club, Newspaper, Student Council Association, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Band, Elementary School Choir, Middle School Choir, Show Choir, Stagecraft
- By sending your child to St. Gregory the Great Catholic School, you are enriching your child's spiritual growth in Jesus Christ and assisting them in reaching their full academic potential. We offer challenging academics, including multiple high school credit courses in 8th grade.
- We are introducing an SGGS house system this year! The house system in divided into 6 houses named after Saints. Faculty, staff, and each student in grades 5-8 are sorted into a house. The houses will provide school fellowship among upper grades, adult mentors to students, and promote friendly competition among houses to encourage positive behavior and good choices aligned with the values important to SGGS.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesapeake Grades: PK-12 | 788 students
1217 N. Centerville Tnpk. and 1861 Kempsville Road, VaBch
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757)479-9598 6.3 PK-12
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.