Norfolk Christian Schools
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Established in 1952, Norfolk Christian Schools is a nondenominational, fully accredited Christian day school offering Pre-K3 through Grade 12 programs.
- A solid college-preparatory curriculum is taught from a Biblical worldview by teachers who are dedicated to each child's success.
- Our mission is to equip students spiritually, intellectually and physically to love God and serve Him as Christ's Ambassadors in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Test Anxiety, Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||798 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science, AP English: Language & Composition, AP English: Literature & Composition, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, Honors 9th, 10th & 11th English, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors French 4, Honors Geometry, Honors Latin 4, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-calculus, Honors Spanish 4, Honors Spanish 5/AP Spanish as requested,|
|Average SAT score||1172|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lower School and Upper School dress code varies - see website for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level; please check our website for complete details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shanee McElveen|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Price|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bio-Eco Club, Drama Club, Forensics, Happy Club (Operation Smile), International Club, Missions Club, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Spanish Club|
Club or Organization:
Forensics and Debate
- Norfolk Christian Schools offers a complete college-preparatory program that is grounded in a distinctly Biblical worldview. Emphases on both rigor and depth of understanding create exceptional thinkers, while differentiated instruction allows students to excel at the pace and style most efficient for them. Our foundational philosophy is to begin with knowledge then guide students to a critical understanding of how that knowledge impacts the world around them, how it should encourage the exploration of new ideas, and most importantly, how it relates back to the Truth of God`s Word.
- Norfolk Christian students attend a variety of notable colleges and universities, including over the last five years: Yale, Dartmouth, Cornell, University of Virginia, Savannah College of Art and Design, Notre Dame, U. S. Naval Academy, the College of William & Mary, University of North Carolina, and a multitude of others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Grades: 1-12 | 1188 students
1585 Wesleyan Dr
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757)461-6236 4.8 1-12
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8
7800 Halprin Dr
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757)588-6171 2.9 PK-8
- Norfolk Grades: PK-12 | 176 students
2331 E Little Crk Rd
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757)583-9730 3 PK-12
- Chesapeake Grades: PK-12 | 640 students
311 Kempsville Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757)547-9595 11.8 PK-12
We did a lot of research and fell in love with Norfolk Christian. Our daughter started there in pre-K3 and has been there for 5 years and counting. She loves the teachers, staff and all of the fun activities that they plan each quarter.As parents we really like the small class sizes, 12-13 students, compared to public schools that can reach up to 30 students. The curriculum is second to none and we really like the Christian based learning as well. The school is great at communicating with parents about school activities, closings/delays and upcoming events. If we had it to do all over again we would definitely choose Norfolk Christian again!
- Posted by Parent - Michael Alexander
I am an alumna who now has a high schooler as well as a 2017 graduate. After my own experience of all 12 years in the family of Norfolk Christian, I knew I wanted my own kids to come here and it has been the best decision I could have made for them. My oldest got into all 4 colleges he applied to as a senior and attended his first choice school. He did so having teachers who loved and invested in him while he was with them and regularly keep up with him now that he is gone. My youngest is a junior with completely different skills and interests and she too could not be happier. From an athlete to an artist, they have both thrived at NCS. I love, love, love it here and am so thankful for the wonderful people God put in my children's lives.
- Posted by Parent - Lauren
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.