Norfolk Christian Schools
- Established in 1952, Norfolk Christian Schools is a nondenominational, fully accredited Christian day school offering Pre-K3 through Grade 12 programs.
- A solid college-preparatory curriculum is taught from a Biblical worldview by teachers who are dedicated to each child's success.
- Our mission is to equip students spiritually, intellectually and physically to love God and serve Him as Christ's Ambassadors in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Test Anxiety, Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||722 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Chemistry, AP English, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, French 4/Honors/Ap French, Honors 9th, 10th & 11th English, Honors Chemistry, Honors Pre-calculus, Spanish 4/Honors Spanish|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lower School and Upper School dress code varies - see website for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level; please check our website for complete details.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Janita Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Price|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bio-Eco Club, Drama Club, Forensics, Happy Club (Operation Smile), International Club, Missions Club, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Spanish Club, Step Team|
- Norfolk Christian Schools offers a complete college-preparatory program that is grounded in a distinctly Biblical worldview. Emphases on both rigor and depth of understanding create exceptional thinkers, while differentiated instruction allows students to excel at the pace and style most efficient for them. Our foundational philosophy is to begin with knowledge then guide students to a critical understanding of how that knowledge impacts the world around them, how it should encourage the exploration of new ideas, and most importantly, how it relates back to the Truth of God`s Word.
- Norfolk Christian students attend a variety of notable colleges and universities, including over the last five years: Yale, Dartmouth, Cornell, University of Virginia, Savannah College of Art and Design, Notre Dame, U. S. Naval Academy, the College of William & Mary, University of North Carolina, and a multitude of others.
Profile last updated: 05/10/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NorfolkGrades: K-12 | 705 students
7336 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23505
- NorfolkGrades: 1-12 | 1209 students
1585 Wesleyan Dr
Norfolk, VA 23502
- NorfolkGrades: PK-8
7800 Halprin Dr
Norfolk, VA 23518
- NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 176 students
2331 E Little Crk Rd
Norfolk, VA 23518
- ChesapeakeGrades: PK-12 | 640 students
311 Kempsville Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.