Ryan Academy Of Norfolk
- Ryan Academy is an independent, coeducational private school enrolling students in Kindergarten through grade eight.
- We provide a challenging education which nurtures the intellect and shapes character. Ryan Academy believes that every student is and will continue to be part of a community.
- To that end, the school actively promotes respect, responsibility, and resourcefulness. The school`s mission promotes a family atmosphere and a spirit of open communication.
Ryan Academy Of Norfolk places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,490|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, SoccerBasketball, Bowling,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Basketball Club, Bowling Club, Soccer Club
- Instruction at Ryan Academy is delivered in small multi-grade classrooms. Within each classroom students learn through one-on-one, small group, partner work and differentiated instruction. In a multi-grade classroom there is authentic learning, built in peer teaching within the multi-grade class and between classes, increased student perspective to interact with students of varying ages and increased engagement (self-directed). We follow a Houghton-Mifflin curriculum that is focused on developing the core skills students will need to succeed in school and in life. Each spring students take the nationally accredited ITBS. The Iowa Tests offer a diagnostic look at how students are progressing in key academic areas. What that means is that you can compare your child`s scores to children across the country in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Grades: 1-12 | 1188 students
1585 Wesleyan Dr
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757)461-6236 4.3 1-12
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8 | 192 students
7800 Halprin Dr
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757)588-6171 1.6 PK-8
- Norfolk Grades: K-8 | 182 students
419 Colonial Ave
Norfolk, VA 23507
(757)627-1383 4.8 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.