Gator Wilderness Camp School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At Gator Wilderness Camp School we use a wilderness camp setting to provide an atmosphere where boys can work through problems and emotional hurts to work towards wholeness in behavior, emotional and spiritual peace.
- The campers live together in a small group with lots of interaction while they work towards common goals planned out by the group.
- It is this interaction and guidance by staff that the boys learn from life experiences to help others and thereby help themselves.
- Gator Wilderness Camp School is designed after Christian therapeutic camping to help meet these special challenges.
- Our purpose is to help young boys and teenagers reach positive goals they have set for themselves.
- We encourage this by providing qualified staff and an atmosphere of love where a boy can learn about himself and how he affects others around him.
- Some of the boys who come to us have been through other programs, private schools, therapy and special education, and still are struggling to get along at home and school.
- Gator Camp takes a different approach than traditional schools and seeks to reach the heart of the boy.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-11|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: K-12 | 116 students
201 N 11th Ave
Arcadia, FL 34266 15.8 K-12
- Arcadia Grades: K-11 | 13 students
27 N Polk Ave
Arcadia, FL 34266
(863)494-6890 16.6 K-11
- Punta Gorda Grades: PK-1 | 52 students
24515 Rampart Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)629-4821 20.1 PK-1
- Punta Gorda Grades: K-9 | 110 students
2100 Loveland Blvd
Punta Gorda, FL 33980
(941)625-5237 21.3 K-9
- Fort Myers Grades: PK-12 | 191 students
12925 Palm Beach Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33905
(239)694-8882 21.9 PK-12
This school is the answer to our prayers. Our grandson has struggled with behavior issues at school and at home. Here he is accepted and happy. He is learning to play the guitar, study and work hard, and best of all each time he comes for a home visit we see improvement. We are filled with gratitude for the men and women who work at Gator Camp School.
- Posted by Parent - R. & S. Domato
Thank you for a thorough overview of your program. I hoping that this will be an option for my child.
- Posted by Parent - MaryLynn Hagedorn
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.