George N Hunt Campus School
- The George N. Hunt Campus School was established in 1982 for residential and day students with learning and behavior disorders, including ADD and ADHD, who have failed to succeed in their public schools.
- The School provides a highly structured, innovative learning environment with individualized programs designed to enhance each child's ability to learn.
- Individual and group therapy are included in the school day; an after-school program is also available for day students.
- Students are provided with a safe, comfortable environment where academic and social experiences can increase their sense of competency and self-esteem.
- The small student-to-teacher ratio facilitates positive academic and social growth and enables the students to learn under conditions which promote trust, understanding, acceptance, and most of all, respect.
- The School is organized into ungraded classrooms with each child being placed in the classroom that best meets his/her academic needs.
- An Individualized Education Program is designed for every child. This IEP includes goals from each discipline to provide a well-structured program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ProvidenceGrades: NS-12 | 159 students
1000 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905
ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 70 students
520 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
MillburyGrades: 6-12 | 40 students
130 Elm St
Millbury, MA 01527
North DartmouthGrades: PK-12 | 44 students
1 Posa Pl
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
East WalpoleGrades: 3-12 | 74 students
300 Boston Providence Tpke
East Walpole, MA 02032
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?