Gethsemane Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Gethsemane Lutheran School Photo #2 - The Gators' boys basketball team won the league tournament title in 2015.
Gethsemane Lutheran School Photo #3 - Middle School students participate in Feed My Starving Children right before the holidays.
- Gethsemane Lutheran School takes your child’s education personally. We are a small East Valley Christian school with a BIG focus on academic excellence, a commitment to serve the community and a center around God.Gethsemane puts the “it takes a village to raise a child” model into practice.
- From early on, children and their families get to know all of the staff at the school offering a true community feeling.
- Small class sizes give teachers and other faculty members the opportunity to understand and meet your child’s individual needs.Learning at Gethsemane doesn’t just happen in the classroom or in a text book.
- Our teachers use outside the book activities, acts of service, exercises and technology to engage growing young minds.Throughout their educational experience at GLS those young minds and souls are nourished with the word of the Lord.
- Children attend Chapel weekly and all grade levels participate in Christian Studies.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
I am a student at Gethsemane and I can't describe how amazing it is. With the small class sizes the teachers can focus on me more.very importantly at this school I feel safe I don't have to worry about going to schools and getting bullied.I highly recommend this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - haley
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.