Gethsemane Lutheran School
At Gethsemane we believe children deserve the best education available, beginning with preschool.
Gethsemane offers a Montessori based Preschool, Full and Half Day Kindergarten, and Grades 1-8. Our teachers average 19 years of experience offering a knowledge and understanding of student's academic needs that is unmatched in most elementary school environments.
We believe in equipping students with the tools they need to live a fulfilling and successful life.
We teach them to believe in excellence, to believe in a bright future, to believe in the love of Jesus Christ, and to believe in themselves.
We believe school is about more than just sports and academics.
It's about preparing children for life by teaching them to believe in a future full of possibilities and in their own potential.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 80 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Tuition rates due vary based on the grade/program a child is enrolled. Contact the school office for current and up to date tuition information.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir
Band and Choir
- Thank you for considering Gethsemane Lutheran School for your child. By offering your child a quality education you are providing them with a strong academic foundation as well as a spiritual and emotional base on which to build a rewarding and fulfilling life. In a world where "average" has become the acceptable norm, we believe our students are capable of so much more. We teach our students to believe in excellence, to believe in a bright future, to believe in Jesus Christ and to believe in themselves. We are proud of our loving and dedicated staff who remain focused on providing students with the tools they need to overcome all of life's challenges. Throughout our 50 year history, Gethsemane Lutheran School has sent students on to earn the highest of honors in both high school and college. Some students have gone on to earn perfect ACT and SAT scores. We produced high school valedictorians and salutatorians, and countless scholarships are handed out every year to GLS graduates. This academic success is combined with a spiritual joy that radiates to every student and parent in our hallways. It is our honor to serve the Lord through this school and we honestly believe your life will be forever touched by becoming a part of our community. We are honored that you are considering Gethsemane Lutheran School and look forward to helping your child reach their God-given potential. We believe in excellence...and we believe in your child.
This is truly the most amazing school! Tired of teachers who are either too overwhelmed, to tired, or just don't seem to care? Maybe of administration getting in the way? At Gethsemane every teacher here completely surrounds your child with love. The academics are above national standards. Children feel safe and cared for and free to just learn. I am so happy we found Gethsemane. They were quite a bit farther ahead in math and phonics than the public school was, but the teachers were so fantastic, the had my child caught up and thriving in less than 2 weeks. It's like a big family and every one looks out for everyone. Very active Parent/Teacher program. Come in for a tour, you will see what I mean. You cannot go wrong bringing your child to this AMAZING school!
Gethsemane has been amazing with building all of my children's foundation for school. The Montessori program is outstanding, as well as the Kindergarten and 1st Grade. My child recently scored in the 96th percentile for reading and comprehension in Kindergarten! In her short time as a 1st grader with Mrs. Larrabee, she has made even more leaps and bounds.
Gethsemane is a fabulous school for it's strong academics and it's fantastic staff. The Montessori pre-school was just a start for my kids'' educational experience at Gethsemane. With each Pre-school, Pre-K or elementary class, they have grown academically and spiritually at this school. My children have tested 2-3 grades above their individual levels since Kindergarten. This school offers more than just great education and faith; it is a community where lifelong friendships among the students, parents and staff are made.
My son has started in Kindergarten at Gethsemane and it has been a huge blessings to both my son as well as my family. He enjoys coming to school everyday to learn, play with his friends, and share the good news about God. The faculty and staff at Gethsemane care about all of the children who are enrolled here, and will never think twice about going out of their way to help a child (or parent!) in need! Not only have his skills in school subjects improved, he is becoming a more confident and caring individual.
Gethsemane was an obvious choice for my child due to the low teacher to student ratio and the fact that all of the teachers care so much. The academics are also very highly emphasized. My child started to read and do basic math in Pre-School and he is continuing those skills as he progresses through school. He excels and is encouraged to experiment with his new found knowledge on a daily basis. Great school for raising independent thinkers!
We have been at Gethsemane since 2008 when my oldest daughter started preschool. She is now a second grader at the school. My son is a kindergartener and my youngest is in preschool. The class sizes allow for plenty of teacher one on one, and the students are not just classmates, they are family! We love this school!!
Endorse Gethsemane Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.