A Child's Touch
5.00 (1 review)
- A Child's Touch is a non-profit, state-licensed, Christian school providing infant, preschool, kindergarten, and child care services in Thornton, Colorado.
- Our school opened on August 1, 1977. We seek to provide a nurturing place for your child.
- Your child's need to develop relationships, to be creative, imaginative and cooperative, and to progress physically, intellectually and spiritually are given the utmost priority by our well-trained and dedicated staff.
- Our goal is to have a positive impact on the neighborhood, our staff, and our parents.
- We seek to be one of the best child care centers in the nation, providing a model showcase for other centers.
- We offer a full-day academic kindergarten program packed with creative teaching and fun.
- The year concludes with the children receiving diplomas at a cap-and-gown graduation ceremony.
- Our graduates are typically reading at about a second grade level and tend to do very well in elementary school.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DenverGrades: PK-12 | 132 students
2949 Federal Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
- DenverGrades: NS-12 | 363 students
2100 S. Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80210
- ThorntonGrades: K | 103 students
250 S. Cherrywood Dr.
Thornton, CO 80026
- DenverGrades: PK-8 | 136 students
2341 E 78th Ave
Denver, CO 80229
- ThorntonGrades: PK-12 | 92 students
12505 Colorado Blvd.
Thornton, CO 80241
A Child's Touch has been the best thing to happen to our family. I wish we would have found this incredible place years ago! Our son began attending in April 2013 and just had his last day before kindergarten. The rates for all age groups are truly unbeatable for the Denver metro area. Our son has never had a bad day at school and has never wanted to stay home since his start with A Child's Touch. The teachers are incredibly warm, intelligent, and responsive to the children's needs and learning styles. The office staff are always very helpful and quick to answer any questions. Our son has learned so much in his time with A Child's Touch and we feel very confident about his readiness for kindergarten. I highly recommend taking a tour of the facility... you won't want to leave and your child will be in awe. We LOVE that the owners have been dedicated to their facility for decades and continue to add wonderful hands-on stations at the school. We highly highly recommend A Child's Touch to ANYONE looking for infant care all the way through school-age care for before/after school and school breaks. We plan to enroll our son in the school-age program during holiday breaks and next summer. We cannot thank everyone at A Child's Touch enough for all that they have done for our family. Your search is truly over... go and enroll your child(ren) today!!!
- Posted by Parent - jliuz
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.