- Glenwood Academy is a community supported non-profit organization that provides socially and economically disadvantaged children with a comprehensive residential, education and life-skills program in a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- At Glenwood, children gain the confidence, skills, and courage they need for a better life and future.
- Glenwood Academy's mission is to provide a quality educational program and residential campus environment for children from mostly lower income and single parent families who seek positive alternatives to home and community situations, which impede opportunities for these children to achieve their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Glenwood logo Polo shirt, black pants, black shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale fees are based on family income level.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Flag Football, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Golf,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 126 students
3021 W Devon Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
(773)338-9222 31.2 9-12
- Chicago Heights Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
330 W Highland Dr
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
(708)754-4492 2.9 PK-8
- Crete Grades: 7-12 | 303 students
1610 Main St
Crete, IL 60417
(708)672-3262 7.8 7-12
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.