- Glenwood Academy is a community supported non-profit organization that provides socially and economically disadvantaged children with a comprehensive residential, education and life-skills program in a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- At Glenwood, children gain the confidence, skills, and courage they need for a better life and future.
- Glenwood Academy's mission is to provide a quality educational program and residential campus environment for children from mostly lower income and single parent families who seek positive alternatives to home and community situations, which impede opportunities for these children to achieve their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Glenwood logo Polo shirt, black pants, black shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale fees are based on family income level.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Flag Football, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Golf,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Heights Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
330 W Highland Dr
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
(708)754-4492 2.9 PK-8
- Harvey Grades: PK-7 | 37 students
15213 5th Ave
Harvey, IL 60426
(708)331-3661 4.3 PK-7
- Oak Forest Grades: PK-8 | 85 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
(708)535-1524 7.9 PK-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.