- Glenwood Academy is a community supported non-profit organization that provides socially and economically disadvantaged children with a comprehensive residential, education and life-skills program in a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- At Glenwood, children gain the confidence, skills, and courage they need for a better life and future.
- Glenwood Academy's mission is to provide a quality educational program and residential campus environment for children from mostly lower income and single parent families who seek positive alternatives to home and community situations, which impede opportunities for these children to achieve their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Glenwood logo Polo shirt, black pants, black shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale fees are based on family income level.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Flag Football, Golf, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Golf,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaGrades: 1-12 | 311 students
2101 S College Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19121
- HersheyGrades: PK-12 | 2029 students
1201 Homestead Ln
Hershey, PA 17033
- StegerGrades: PK-12 | 28 students
46 E 34th St
Steger, IL 60475
- Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
- HarveyGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
Po Box 1358
Harvey, IL 60426
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.