Golda Och Academy
- Golda Och Academy unlocks the potential of our students by cultivating their critical thinking skills and nurturing their intellectual curiosity through the study of the humanities, sciences, Judaics, and creative arts.
- Our rigorous curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in Jewish literacy.
- We develop a love of learning, a personal relationship with Israel, and a commitment to the betterment of the world through tikkun olam (repairing the world). Please contact us to arrange a tour of our school at 973-602-3601 or email@example.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No shorts or tank tops permitted.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for more information regarding tuition and affordability.|
|Admissions Director||Micah Gottlieb|
|Admissions Associate||Mara Suskauer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Annual Coffeehouse/Talent Show, Band, Chamber Music Ensemble, Dance Team, Environmental Club, Fine Arts Club, Israel Club, Math Club, Molecular Biology Club, Silk Screening Club|
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Community Service Clubs (several), Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, Robotics, School Newspaper, Science Enrichment, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Annual Musical Production, Choir, High School Musical, High School Play, Middle School Musical
- Located in West Orange, New Jersey, Golda Och Academy is an accredited private independent school, educating students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade in a flexible and caring environment that nurtures their minds and their spirits. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, we ground a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism, while welcoming students and families from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression. Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses - one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School - located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 70 communities across New Jersey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Orange Grades: 9-12 | 959 students
120 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
(973)325-6626 1.8 9-12
- Newark Grades: 9-12 | 279 students
239 Woodside Ave
Newark, NJ 07104
(973)483-0033 6.1 9-12
- Nutley Grades: PK-12 | 409 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
(973)667-9700 7.8 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.