Golda Och Academy
- Golda Och Academy unlocks the potential of our students by cultivating their critical thinking skills and nurturing their intellectual curiosity through the study of the humanities, sciences, Judaics, and creative arts.
- Our rigorous curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in Jewish literacy.
- We develop a love of learning, a personal relationship with Israel, and a commitment to the betterment of the world through tikkun olam (repairing the world). Please contact us to arrange a tour of our school at 973-602-3601 or email@example.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No shorts or tank tops permitted.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for more information regarding tuition and affordability.|
|Admissions Director||Micah Gottlieb|
|Admissions Associate||Mara Suskauer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Annual Coffeehouse/Talent Show, Band, Chamber Music Ensemble, Dance Team, Environmental Club, Fine Arts Club, Israel Club, Math Club, Molecular Biology Club, Silk Screening Club|
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Community Service Clubs (several), Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, Robotics, School Newspaper, Science Enrichment, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Annual Musical Production, Choir, High School Musical, High School Play, Middle School Musical
- Located in West Orange, New Jersey, Golda Och Academy is an accredited private independent school, educating students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade in a flexible and caring environment that nurtures their minds and their spirits. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, we ground a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism, while welcoming students and families from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression. Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses - one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School - located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 70 communities across New Jersey.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Orange Grades: 9-12 | 937 students
120 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
(973)325-7737 1.8 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.